Sorting the debt and the house.

Comments

• Bingbunny
    Bingbunny Posts: 51 Forumite
    Husband rang water company and we have been over paying (which we know about) and have caught up at the monthly rate has decreased by £20 also he rang the elec/gas company and that has also been decreased by £10pm so that's a saving of £30 a month. Well done again husband.

Little one had friend over all day today. They have painted, playdoughed, dressed up, played lego, watched a film, been to the park, up and down street on scooter. This is what life is all about people. Free fun!!!!

We did pop onto a supermarket for milk and magnums (the lollipops). That was all.

High on life today. ������
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,583 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Sometimes things work out for the best and undoubtedly staying put will be cheaper than moving. Shame about the wasted solicitors costs. Surely you won't be charged estate agents costs if no sale/purchase went ahead?

What interest rate are you paying on the overdraft and loan?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bingbunny
    Hi Enthusasticsaver. Thanks for popping in. We are at war with the estate agents. As we pulled out of our sale, even though the other house pulled out first we still have to pay. We have had the solicitor to look at the contract and we have to pay. They have halved the cost but we are waiting for the boss to come back from holiday to see if she can do a better deal. We are trying.
    Our loan is 3.2% and overdraft is approx £7 a month. We have good deals I think. We are quiet savy with money. The loans and overdraft are all from renovation not being silly with the money. Keep given me advice though Enthusasticsaver. We need it!
  • Bingbunny
    Looking forward to putting the free blackberries I picked yesterday in my smoothie today!!! We were at the park and didn't have a container as I thought it would be too early for blackberries. So only picked a hand full. Best things are FREE!!

Enjoy you day.

Bing
  • Dottles1
    Dottles1 Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Bing
    I love it when blackberries are ready. There is a footpath near my home where I walk my dog and is usually abundant with them as is not really used. I am eagerly awaiting them ripening. I open freeze them on a tray before bagging up so I can take a handful out over the winter to add to my breakfast. Yum!
    CC1 Aug19 [STRIKE]£7587.85[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC2 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£1185.58[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC3 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£544.95[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    O/D Aug [STRIKE]£20[/STRIKE] Sept [STRIKE] £100[/STRIKE] Oct £0
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
    Total debt Aug 2019[STRIKE]£9318.38[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
  • Bingbunny
    Hi Dottles1. Thanks for popping in. That's what I do also. It's lovely isn't it.

Spendy day today. Myself and little one have had haircuts. Not expensive mind £27 for both. Husband bought new lawnmower as we sold ours because the new house didn't have grass. £80ish.
    Needs must though.

Well I feel good with my new hair cut and I put a colour on it a couple of days ago (Slightly darker than I would like though). Yep feels good.

Sitting in the garden and little one has just showed me a wood lice that she is holding! Braver girl than me. I need to empty the swimming pool and use the water for the plants then husband will now the lawn. It's a big lawn so that will take a while. I haven't even thought about food. Think it will be something quick in the oven tonight. Bills go out tomorrow. Bank always looks good until the bills go out.

Got to go little one wants me to go look at the wood lice. . . . .
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just popping along to wish you good luck on your journey. Your diary is reminding me to be grateful for life's simple pleasures - so thank you
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Bingbunny
    Majority of bills have gone out today. We are doing ok. We need the estate agents bill to come through so we know where we are. That will happen on Monday. We are in our overdraft.

Parents have little one today and have gone to the beach. . . . Only 5 min drive away. Chippy lunch for her and a few fairground rides courtesy of nan and bamps. I'm in work and having a lovely day. My clients are just so motivated and this passes on to me. I enjoy my job.

Jobs for this afternoon after work. I must do a fitness session in the garden with little one if she's back. We get the gym mat out on the lawn with some weights and put The Body Coach on U tube. It's fun and we both laugh at each others or should I say the little one laughs at me!!!!
    I still need to catch up on my ironing. Husband is doing bedtime with little one tonight so I will put some music on and try to get it done.

Lunch today in work was a homemade salad, fruit and a bag of crisps. I have a busy hour and a half coming up in work so see you later.

Bingbunny xx
  • Bingbunny
    :T:T. It's the weekend.:j:j

Plans today are washing in, washing out, washing in, washing out, ironing so there's room in the basket for dryed washing. Picked lots more blackberries yesterday. Made sure we took a container this time. They have been washed and now drying ready to be frozen. Need to do some shopping but first waiting for someone to come to buy one of husbands many ladders! £45 so worth selling as he doesn't use this one. That's the money I will use for food shopping. We need pet food and cleaning things today so will need to put money towards this I expect.

Weather a little overcast today but we have been very lucky and have had 2 weeks of sunshine (think it rained one evening and night). I feel for those up north who have had awful weather.

So I gave had 2 cups of tea and my breakfast, I had better get dressed ready for this awesome day we are going to have today:). Nothing beats a bit of positivity.

Loves ya xx
  • Squirrelly
    Squirrelly Posts: 55 Forumite
    Morning Bingbunny,

Stopping by the subscribe and enjoy your warm vibes and positivity.

I also have a daughter who is obsessed with nature, and we usually have a collection of snail friends in a tub. She has the 'wild' in her and I love it. Good luck with the estate agents fees, Im currently waiting for some bank fees which are my financial slap on the wrist for being sloppy. Looking forward to these being out of the way and getting my control back.
    Enjoy your day

Squirrelly x
    DEBT : Aug 2019 [STRIKE]£6220[/STRIKE] £5970
    EF :[STRIKE] £250[/STRIKE] £500
    Short term savings: [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £325
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts