MSMoneyQuotes has stopped working for me

Comments

• cd27idw
    cd27idw Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    In the meantime, I've been motivated to get the csv file input method working; at this moment in time it's long-winded, but I can see a way ahead using VBA (I've already got a routine to download share prices to excel from Yahoo)
  • bearshare
    bearshare Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    cd27idw wrote: »
    In the meantime, I've been motivated to get the csv file input method working; at this moment in time it's long-winded, but I can see a way ahead using VBA (I've already got a routine to download share prices to excel from Yahoo)

It's quite easy using FT.com if you don't change your holdings a lot. Just add an entry for each of your current holdings (doesn't have to replicate your portfoliio) and click export. Download into a pre-named .csv file. Then run Dan's program, and Money is updated almost instantly.

(FT.com portfolio gets screwed up sometimes, but it gets sorted after a day or two).
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bearshare wrote: »
    It's quite easy using FT.com if you don't change your holdings a lot. Just add an entry for each of your current holdings (doesn't have to replicate your portfoliio) and click export. Download into a pre-named .csv file. Then run Dan's program, and Money is updated almost instantly.
    ft.com seems to have revoked my userID/email and password, so I've lost my portfolio and I have to start again :(

Do I need to set up the full portfolio again, with quantities, dates, costs etc., or can I just use a watchlist?
  • bearshare
    edited 30 June 2019 at 2:47PM
    Vortigern wrote: »
    ft.com seems to have revoked my userID/email and password, so I've lost my portfolio and I have to start again :(

Do I need to set up the full portfolio again, with quantities, dates, costs etc., or can I just use a watchlist?

All you need is an entry for the fund/stock. Dan's program just looks at the date and price for holdings that it can match against what you have in MSMoney. So you can just 'buy' one of each if you want..

I have not tried Watchlists. At first glance, it looks like it would work. I will try and give it a go later today.
  • bearshare
    Just tried using Watchlist for an IT and a fund, and it worked fine. That makes it a lot quicker to set up.

(I have actually replicated my portfolio on FT.com for other reasons)
  • cd27idw
    cd27idw Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Version 2.4 released now, but share prices appear to be coming through in pence; my portfolio was up £110000 today!

I've got my csv method working quite effortlessly now, but it means running a few spreadsheets. Still, it's better than doing the housekeeping!
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    cd27idw wrote: »
    Version 2.4 released now, but share prices appear to be coming through in pence; my portfolio was up £110000 today!

I've got my csv method working quite effortlessly now, but it means running a few spreadsheets. Still, it's better than doing the housekeeping!

The share price currency for MSN downloads can be fixed using the SymbolMap fund. This has been necessary for a few stocks for some time.

The one problem Dan hadnt resolved is that in the SymbolMap file you need to know the MS code for your funds. This was previously obvious by looking at the fund URL on the MSN website. However it is now hidden. But, as I have mailed Dan, it can still be found:

1) Use the MSN Quote search facility to find your fund.
    2) Go back to the Quotes search and click the empty box. A list of Recent Searches will come up
    3) Hover the mouse over your chosen fund and the browser will show a URL with the code of the form Fxxxxxxxxx

V2.4 is now working perfectly for me.
  • lpgm
    lpgm Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm away from home at the moment - I'm looking forward to trying the new version.

As an aside, I mentioned in my first post that I was having problems getting prices for unit trusts i.e. funds with a bid price and an offer price. Has anyone else had this problem, or noticed that it's fixed with the new version?
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    lpgm wrote: »
    I'm away from home at the moment - I'm looking forward to trying the new version.

As an aside, I mentioned in my first post that I was having problems getting prices for unit trusts i.e. funds with a bid price and an offer price. Has anyone else had this problem, or noticed that it's fixed with the new version?

It would seem it has been fixed. Previously the funds concerned were flagged as not found, they all now work.
  • lpgm
    lpgm Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Linton wrote: »
    The share price currency for MSN downloads can be fixed using the SymbolMap fund. This has been necessary for a few stocks for some time.

I've just downloaded and run V2.4 and it's getting prices for everything now, including the two unit trusts. Great!

But the prices for my two investment trusts are coming back as GBP rather than GBX. I've never had this problem before. What do I need to do in the SymbolMap file? I tried adding GBX in the third column but it didn't do anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback