Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55 wrote: »
    just say to yourself..these people are not god...what can they do to me...iff you do keep getting phone calls i read a bit of advice on one of these forums...say any future correspondence you would like in writing.if that doesnt work let me know cuz i know there are a couple of template letters on one of the forums...i'l find them for you and you can copy them out...they are very official sounding and they should do the trick...dont let them wear you down...just think its not 4 much longer xxx:):):)

Thx Scarlet. That would be great. I'm sure you'll all hear from me if it becomes unbearable. I can handle them in normal office hrs, it's when they're calling you at 9pm, now that really p's me off! Sam's on Easter holiday from school at the moment, so I'm despeartely trying 2 make sure I get 2 the phone b4 him, as he doesn't have a clue 2 what's going on & I'm trying very hard 2 keep it that way. But if start receiving a barage of phone calls I'll definately give the "writing" method a try, if that doesn't work i guess I can always hang up!!! xxx:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    good idea just keep saying wrong number and then tell sam ur sick of all these wrong numbers and tell him ur unplugging the phone so you dont get any more...if you do happen to answer the phone dont let them bully you...put on a stern voice and say.....i'l be getting in touch with you shortly when iv been to the CAB and in the meantime if you want to comunicate with me i would appreciate it if you put it in writing....:mad::mad::mad:
  • Will do, thanks so much, you've been ever so helpful 2 me over the last week. I honestly don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't stumbled across this forum. I don't know if it's true of everybody in debt, but I've kept it hidden like some dirty little secret, none of my family have a clue & I hope 2 keep it that way. But I'll definately use your tips on dealing with the phone calls etc & I'm definately switching the phone off whilst I complete my form, no distractions this time! xxx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    im the same as you...my daughter knows but thats it....my sister would be the last person i would tell...she has never been in debt and never will be...she'd go mad if she knew how much debt id been in...and she would just see adro as an easy way out after racking up debt...id never tell my brother either....i lost my mum just b4 christmas but i couldnt have told her she wouldve worried herself sick...the only other person that knew about my debts was my best friend molly....and i lost her too...just 4 wks after losing my mum so its not been a very good few months for me......this forum is good because you know you can talk to people and offload your worries...i have to say its been a lifeline to me sometimes.....sorry broken spirit i shouldnt burden you with my woes xxx:(:(:(
    im the same as you...my daughter knows but thats it....my sister would be the last person i would tell...she has never been in debt and never will be...she'd go mad if she knew how much debt id been in...and she would just see adro as an easy way out after racking up debt...id never tell my brother either....i lost my mum just b4 christmas but i couldnt have told her she wouldve worried herself sick...the only other person that knew about my debts was my best friend molly....and i lost her too...just 4 wks after losing my mum so its not been a very good few months for me......this forum is good because you know you can talk to people and offload your worries...i have to say its been a lifeline to me sometimes.....sorry broken spirit i shouldnt burden you with my woes xxx:(:(:(

I'm so sorry 2 hear about your losses. It must have been a terrible xmas 4 u, never mind the debt worries. I can't imagine how dreadful it must have been. I can't tell my mum as like you said about your mum, she'd have made herself ill with worry. I've not told my sister or brother neither. My brother wouldn't be right bothered & my sister......well she's got her own troubles, but that's for another forum, lol. I think you've done remarkably well 2 stay so strong & determined after all you've recently gone through. You should be very proud of yourself. You can unburden yourself on me anytime you want, you can always p.m me. I may not have a lot of money, but I've alot of time on my hands, a bloody good shoulder 2 cry on & a sympathetic ear. Anytime xxxxx:A
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    :A aww thanx broken spirit..it has been a really tough time i cant deny it...and not a day goes by without me shedding a tear, but i know it will get better(hopefully)...im crying now just talking about it (stop it).......thats it, done....i think this forum has kept me going since i found it......and applying for the dro has kept my mind on other things........right thats it, no more talking about sad things......have you got all your paper work prepared ?xx:):)
    :A aww thanx broken spirit..it has been a really tough time i cant deny it...and not a day goes by without me shedding a tear, but i know it will get better(hopefully)...im crying now just talking about it (stop it).......thats it, done....i think this forum has kept me going since i found it......and applying for the dro has kept my mind on other things........right thats it, no more talking about sad things......have you got all your paper work prepared ?xx:):)

I think so (fingers crossed this time!) ;););)
    Check list:-
    SOA...............still 2 complete (not at 12am this time)
    List of creditors..... All but the 1 I have 2 call regarding original creditor
    Proof of income........... benefit letters & bank statement
    Pension..........Most recent statement
    Credit file...........Permission form.

I think that's all I can do for now, if you notice anything missing give me a nudge. I've paperwork in the kitchen, bedroom, lounge. I'm sure I'm missing something though.

P.S. It does get better, it takes a bloody long time 4 that ache 2 diminish, but trust me it does & although eventually you may find that you don't hurt everyday.............you always remember xxx:A
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    thats right, nothing can take your memories away, and i have lots...the thing thats the hardest is the fact that i saw both of them practically every day....but i have my daughter jo & tom her boyfriend of 5 years, they dont live far and i see them often, and i have good neighbours....so that helps.......regarding your credit file...i ordered my free 30 day trial from experian....and you can keep checking it on-line and then download a copy b4 your 30 days are up....just dont 4get to cancel.........just had a thought..iff you do that you may see who that debt was originaly with.....i had a debt with lowell portfolio that was bought from a catalogue i defaulted on last year and when it came up it did say who the debt was originaly from...might save u that dreaded phonecall and it wont cost anything to try it :):):):A
    thats right, nothing can take your memories away, and i have lots...the thing thats the hardest is the fact that i saw both of them practically every day....but i have my daughter jo & tom her boyfriend of 5 years, they dont live far and i see them often, and i have good neighbours....so that helps.......regarding your credit file...i ordered my free 30 day trial from experian....and you can keep checking it on-line and then download a copy b4 your 30 days are up....just dont 4get to cancel.........just had a thought..iff you do that you may see who that debt was originaly with.....i had a debt with lowell portfolio that was bought from a catalogue i defaulted on last year and when it came up it did say who the debt was originaly from...might save u that dreaded phonecall and it wont cost anything to try it :):):):A

That's a really good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. How weird is this........I'm called Jo & my XOH was called Tom..................they don't have a boy called Sam, do they? Lol. What a coincidence. Your lucky 2 have good neighbours..........I'm not :(:(:( They'd all be having a good laugh & gossip if they knew my circumstances :mad::mad::mad: Saying that, they're not all bad, it's just my immediate ones. I was laughing 2 myself earlier (sad I know) but I thought, why does every1 give me my full title on the forum......................then I realised.............BS............how apt :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:xxx
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    il call you b.s from now on ....no jo &tom dont have any little ones yet...they cant afford any, they bought a house 2 years ago and its a right bloody money pit....yeah do that credit report 2morrow, il be very surprised if it doesnt show up that creditor uv forgot......think im going bed now its been a very long day....the bloody cat woke me up at 5-20 this morning............little sh.t....talk 2morrow bs....and thanx for letting me bend your ear...night night xx :wave::wave:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback