Sold on eBay in April and now messaged about not receiving

Hi,

Looking for some guidance please.

I sold an item at the beginning of April on eBay. I sent this 2nd class postage with proof of postage.
I received a message earlier today telling me that the parcel did not arrive and they did not notice until today. I haven't received any parcels back to my home address either. I do feel bad for them but it is a little odd. I am worried they might try to claim the money back.

Both the 30 days eBay guarantee and 60 day paypal guarantee have elapsed. Annoyingly I recycled the receipts a couple of weeks ago :mad::mad:

Is there anything I should worry about? Or is it too late for the buyer to claim through ebay/paypal?

Thanks

Comments

• Moneybear wrote: »
    Hi,

I sold an item at the beginning of April on eBay. I sent this 2nd class postage with proof of postage.
    I received a message earlier today telling me that the parcel did not arrive and they did not notice until today. I haven't received any parcels back to my home address either. I do feel bad for them but it is a little odd. I am worried they might try to claim the money back.

Both the 30 days eBay guarantee and 60 day paypal guarantee have elapsed. Annoyingly I recycled the receipts a couple of weeks ago :mad::mad:

Is there anything I should worry about? Or is it too late for the buyer to claim through ebay/paypal?

Thanks

I doubt it.

If they want to pursue it then let them.

Too late IMO
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm a bit of a hoarder. I file receipts and proof of postage in a divider file box by the month.

End of the financial year I stuff them in an envelope, mark it 17/18 Ebay (for example) and throw it in a drawer. Sometime in the next few years I'll probably take out a couple of the oldest years and bin them.

Unless you're selling 100's of items a month everything should fit in an A4 envelope. Anything like this I'd usually keep 3 years worth - probably overkill but they don't take much space.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Moneybear wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

What is the 60 day period you reference?

Ebay give the buyer 30 days from latest estimated delivery. Paypal give the buyer 180 days.

Proof of postage is not sufficient to defend either an eBay or Paypal INR. But you can use them to defend chargebacks and you should keep them for 6 months at least. Are you sure your POP didn't have a POD number on?
  • Yes I’m afraid it’s not too late at all, it’s not 60 days for PayPal it’s 180 so they still have time.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Think I missed something that was not received on my ebay also. Normally I keep track of my orders by the leave feedback icon.

When it arrives i leave feedback, so just watch the items where i have not left it.

Jan/Feb a load of Chinese sellers got removed and there were quite a few orders open, this item was mixed in with those. Luckily its under £3.

So it can happen. Do you need to do anything though, not really.

They should put it down to experience, its one of those things.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Moneybear
    Moneybear Posts: 218 Forumite
    Thank you everyone.

I thought that the PP claim period was 60 days so thank you for the correction. I will wait and see if anything else happens. I don't really use eBay that much so I assumed if there was an issue, I would've heard by now and thought it is safe to discard the POP.

I will wait and see what happens next and know for future reference.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I always keep receipts for at least one year.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    kangoora wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a hoarder. I file receipts and proof of postage in a divider file box by the month.

End of the financial year I stuff them in an envelope, mark it 17/18 Ebay (for example) and throw it in a drawer. Sometime in the next few years I'll probably take out a couple of the oldest years and bin them.

Unless you're selling 100's of items a month everything should fit in an A4 envelope. Anything like this I'd usually keep 3 years worth - probably overkill but they don't take much space.

Since click&drop was introduced a seller can save himself a few quid by buying a label online. Then it can be saved electronically on the computer/dropbox/cloud which makes it easier to find.
  • Emily_Joy wrote: »
    Since click&drop was introduced a seller can save himself a few quid by buying a label online. Then it can be saved electronically on the computer/dropbox/cloud which makes it easier to find.
    This is what i do. I just go in to my email to find the tracker code. That's for couriers.

For anything Royal Mail i take it to a PO. I then just chuck the receipt in a plastic A4 wallet that goes in a big ring binder of 'house stuff'. Takes up little space. I'm not even a big seller. I may sell anything from 0-15 items in a year but even still. I do all i can to protect myself against a con artist. There's so many out there that it's just better to be on guard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure