The New Money Diet - What Did You THink

2»

Comments

• Hi I bought the new book for my DD for a Tree gift and she is delighted with it. She asked me which charity the proceeds were going to.I'm afarid I haven't a clue ,could you tell me as she said she is sure that you never answer questions put on the site ,but a minion would probably do it ? :confused: By the way I have been an OS since around 1950 odd so many habits have become second nature to me .Loved looking through it though before I wrapped it .
    Happy New year Martin ,keep up the good work, I believe you read these posts .
    Cheers JackiO your No. 1. fan:j :D
  • Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JackieO wrote:
    She asked me which charity the proceeds were going to.I'm afarid I haven't a clue ,could you tell me as she said she is sure that you never answer questions put on the site ,but a minion would probably do it ?

Scroll some way down this page and you will find a long list of the charities which have benefited. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/aboout.phtml

I bought both books for each of my three adult children. My eldest is over the moon at the thought of getting his bank charges back.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    JackieO wrote:
    Hi I bought the new book for my DD for a Tree gift and she is delighted with it. She asked me which charity the proceeds were going to.I'm afarid I haven't a clue ,could you tell me as she said she is sure that you never answer questions put on the site ,but a minion would probably do it ? :confused: By the way I have been an OS since around 1950 odd so many habits have become second nature to me .Loved looking through it though before I wrapped it .
    Happy New year Martin ,keep up the good work, I believe you read these posts .
    Cheers JackiO your No. 1. fan:j :D

Minions? Not sure Martin has Minions ;) that wouldn't be money saving after all ;) He does have staff and volunteers though :) I'm sure he'll try to answer time allowing but please don't be upset if he doesn't answer personally :)
    Charis has kindly posted the link to all the charties that benefit and other helpful information which should in the mean time answer your question I hope :)

Tine
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

If you go to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/aboout.phtml#charity its all details

The money is being split 1/3 goes to the sites voted for charities -the rest is going to the new MSE charity fund which will distribute cash for grants to individuals and charities to help money and debt info and education.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought the book after Christmas after I had seen it at a friend's house. Am still only half way through as I have discovered the website now which is so in-depth and up-to-date, especially with the chat forums for just about everything I never thought about before, but I am doing about two pages a day as a bedside reading. And I got the book for just £3.99 from Amazon, teehee.
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Got the book through the post on Saturday morning, finished it last night.
    Found it very easy to read and laughed at quite a few of the things in it (Particularly the part where the bank introduced the open an account for £1 - get £25 back offer but when the loophole was publicised by Martin they thought they would be clever and make the minimum amount to open the account £100 yet the same thing happened again)

Aiming to save quite a bit of money with the book and it introduced a lot of ideas that I would never have thought of (max'ing out a 0% credit card and getting the sticking the amount in a high interest savings account - brilliant)!

Going to try and convince my wife to read it, have recommended it to quite a few people at work (one for the cheaper holidays, one for general savings) and plan to get a copy for my parents and one for my sister too.
  • aka666
    aka666 Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    its the first book i red in 20 years lol it has helped me and my wife allready,she was paying 29% on her card, rung them up now only paying 12.9%, well worth the money,but keep getting odd looks off kids, as i said they never seen me read a book
  • crazy_guy
    crazy_guy Posts: 823 Forumite
    I found the Money Diet cheap on ebay and as i've been a member here for yonks i just had to get it and i am actually really impressed, i thought that it wouldn't be much help as most things i have already acted upon on the information on this site....but infact i have found it really interesting and it just seems more in depth....though it seems quite overwhelming on where to start!!....will have to make the time to read it in more detail soon..... top stuff!!......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure