PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Catslovelycats
    Catslovelycats Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi pinkwinged
    Can I please have a go at reducing my total to £200 a month with effect from March?
    Cheers
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs, and spoons to all who need or want them.:grouphug:

Have finally caught up the thread it seems to move so quick!

A simple quick recipe for using up dairylea triangles

Boil up some pasta of choice and drain off the liquid, while hot stir in the triangles and a splash of milk and some chopped up ham, season with black pepper and hey presto quick and easy carbonara.:p

Reporting a spend on dog food on Friday of £9.99 but that should cover the rest of this month and possible all of next. Which does mean i am on super tight reins to stay in budget for the end of this month. Freezer meals and home baking it is.

Must try out the mr t mr a price war i need some shampoo and i do love tresemme so will have to make an extra to budget buy for this i think.

thanks i don't know why i didn't think of that :o
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • M0neysav3r
    M0neysav3r Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Just reporting that this weekend has been one big NSW!! :j
    I challenged dh to it as he was off yesterday and today and suprisingly we've both stuck to it, we went out yesterday to a lovely park and had our first picnic of the year which delighted ds :D fresh hm bread chunks and butter out in the sunshine was heaven!! I've been buzzing around ebaying and cooking at home today whilst my boys and dog have been to the woods.

I need a few bits tomorrow so will have spent then but very pleased to report my successful weekend ;)
    :j No Debts (Other than HUGE mortgage! :eek: )
    Generally trying to cut back where possible :j
    GC - March £143.82 / £200 Feb £156.03 / £150 Oops! Jan £180.78/£200:D
  • esmer
    esmer Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Options
    minnie2 wrote: »
    i am confused about the mr t mr a thing!!! not sure i can get my head around it

Its Mr Asda, Mr Morrison, Mr Tesco. :)
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    I spent £5.50 at the market yesterday on F & V , £10.39 at Farm Foods on bread, milk, chocolate spread & chocolate bars, a whopping £41.66 at the Co Op (well that was on Thursday before I got my new car) & £42.69 at Mr T but did get a voucher for £22.76 back on that. I have deducted this £22.76 from my spends so I must remember to not take it off again when I actually use it. This Mr T thingy is tempting but really I think I only need milk, bread, potatoes & other f & v & yogurts for the rest of the month & it would also be nice to come in on budget for once!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    No NSD for me today. Succumbed to the coffee from Mr T's. I will await my voucher back from them. Although now I want to pop out and get the wine (which I do not need!!) Only other spend was on the Sunday papers which I do include in my GC.

Hopefully a few more NSD's to come this week though, as I've just spent £47 filling my wee car up with petrol :mad:

ETA: If you're like me and can't remember how many times you have Tesco price checked, is there a way of finding out?
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2011 at 7:59PM
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    i got my voucher aswell, i'm not sure if i shud spend it tho, i thought i'd done 3 receits already but acually the firts one i did was my email, and the last 2 was oh's because our online shops threw there, so i could sqeeze another 1 in lol, i'll see what offers are on on wed when i go with my mum as i'm determined to not just buy stuff for the sake of it

I have spaved, shouldnt have to buy teabags for ages lol:D

my shopping today was over £17 more expensive in Mr T Than Mr A, so should get £34 back. will keep this for a week or so as that should pay for w/c 21 st shopping.
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    l.m.hart wrote: »
    I have spaved, shouldnt have to buy teabags for ages lol:D

my shopping today was over £17 more expensive in Mr T Than Mr A, so should get £34 back. will keep this for a week or so as that should pay for w/c 21 st shopping.

:Tyou did well i did see the tea bags
    but we don't use many tea bags it made more sense to stock up on pepsi lol, oh is trying to talk me into a chinese since we've saved so much money :rotfl:
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • wuvvies
    wuvvies Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    hi everyone.have rea lised im spending quite a bit on lunchboxes so today have put in two homemade biscuits and opened a tin of mandarins which split into three tubs so will do three days. he has his sandwiches and a babybel. normally i would put in some fruit a sandwich a sweet bar like alpen or something a babybel and a youghurt like froobs that you suck. these are what is costing me a lot.
    any ideas for cheap lunchbox items for a 6 year old.
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    Options
    esmer wrote: »
    Its Mr Asda, Mr Morrison, Mr Tesco. :)

oh no i ment the price checkers and price guarantees etc
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure