DMTech TV and Sony VTX-D800U Freeview Decoder

I'm trying to set up a DMTech TV to work with a Sony VTX-D800U Freeview decoder.

The Sony VTX-D800U remote can be programmed to operate most televisions, but unfortunately DMTech is not listed in the Sony manual as a supported manufacturer.

Has anyone found a 3-digit code for the Sony remote that will operate DMTech television functions (on/off, volume, etc.)?

Alternatively, does anyone know whether DMTech televisions use the same internals as another make of television for which there is a Sony 3-digit code?

Thanks,
_____
Razoo

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A bit of digging suggests when Sky were selling TVs they used to sell these so because they have form for working with Sky (and were indeed later acquired by them) it could be a rebranded Amstrad.

However in reality it could be a rebranded anything, these DMTechs were all over the supermarkets at one point because a lot of them had DVDs integrated into them and everything so they were quite popular (and cheap).
  • Razoo
    Razoo Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    A bit of digging suggests when Sky were selling TVs they used to sell these so because they have form for working with Sky (and were indeed later acquired by them) it could be a rebranded Amstrad.

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately Amstrad isn't listed in the Sony manual as a supported manufacturer either.

Maybe Amstrad televisions use the same internals as another more well known make of television?
    _____
    Razoo
  • Razoo wrote: »
    Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately Amstrad isn't listed in the Sony manual as a supported manufacturer either.

Maybe Amstrad televisions use the same internals as another more well known make of television?
    _____
    Razoo

If they don't even include Amstrad then good luck finding DMTech listed, are there any Sky branded TV's included?
  • Razoo
    Razoo Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If they don't even include Amstrad then good luck finding DMTech listed, are there any Sky branded TV's included?

Thanks for the reply. I don't know of any TVs that are Sky branded, except maybe Amstrad (see Post #2).

Here is a complete list of all 43 supported television manufacturers listed in the Sony VTX-D800U manual:

Aiwa; Akai; Beijing; Blaupunkt; CGE; Daewoo; Ferguson; Finiux; Funal; Goldstar; Gradiente; Grundig; Hitachi; ITT; Jinxing; JVC; Konka; LG; Loewe; Magnavox; Matsui; Matsushita; Mitsubishi; Miver; NEC; Noblex; Nokia; Onwa; Panasonic; Peony; Philco; Philips; Pioneer; Saba; Samsung; Sanyo; Sears; Sharp; Sony; TCL; Thomson; Toshiba; Zenith.

There are some obscure makes in there!

Some manufacturer's have several possible codes listed (Matsui has 16 codes), so a certain amount of trial and error is required to find the correct one.

Often if an unlisted television manufacturer (e.g. DMTech) is associated with another television manufacturer that is listed, then the listed manufacturer's code will also operate the unlisted TV.

I have been slowly working my way through Sony's entire list of codes, but I hoped an enquiry on this forum might shorten the procedure.
    _____
    Razoo
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Akai was another name that came up when I was researching for post 2, but for reason I didn't post it.

Most of the obscure makes are probably the same as some other big names rebranded. Its not on your list but a lot of modern Toshiba screens are actually Vestrel brands in new colours for example. Goldstar was folded into LG in 2003. NEC is a Japanese company, they can date themselves back to 1899, started off making telephones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure