Help! - HMRC and debt collection agency messing us around - VAT repayment arrangement

Options
2»

Comments

• LittleMonkeyPops
    Options
    UPDATE

The debt collection agency have accepted our latest offer. They also said that HMRC should accept this offer too for £200 for 3 months, £400 for 6 months then up to £600 for a few months to clear it. Fingers and toes crossed that this time next year we'll either be free of this debt or be only a couple of months away at the most.

HMRC were only interested in the same amount each month and would not accept this kind of repayment plan. Thanks to DLC for being reasonable when HMRC would not!
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    He needs to be careful that he pays & files ALL future returns on the due date OR the arrangement will be cancelled AND the whole debt enforced.
  • LittleMonkeyPops
    Options
    antonic wrote: »
    He needs to be careful that he pays & files ALL future returns on the due date OR the arrangement will be cancelled AND the whole debt enforced.

The arrangement is with DLC (the debt collection company) not HMRC, but I take your point about paying on time in respect of that arrangement as I am aware any such repayment arrangement cannot be broken. In terms of HMRC he has filed and paid all his VAT returns on time for the past year and will continue to do so :D
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thats good to hear, he shouldnt have any problems then.
    The arrangement is with DLC (the debt collection company) not HMRC, but I take your point about paying on time in respect of that arrangement as I am aware any such repayment arrangement cannot be broken. In terms of HMRC he has filed and paid all his VAT returns on time for the past year and will continue to do so :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure