Official Receiver

Hello All!
I'm in the process of filing for bankruptcy whilst staying with a friend, will the official receiver look into their own housing benefits or be bothered with my accommodation as I'm contributing to the house.

I'm not registered on the council tax, is this of interest to the official receiver and could this information be passed on as I do not wish to land anyone in trouble.

thanks

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Where you live is of no concern to the OR as long as the costs are a) reasonable and b) you can clearly evidence them.
    No - the person you are living with will not be investigated as long as they are not your partner.
    If you are not the property owner or tenant you don't have to be registered for council tax but if your friend is claiming the single persons council tax discount they will lose that as they must tell the council if there is another adult staying at the property.
  • You hit the nail on the head! They are my partner. We have no links apart from me transferring to her account £600 pcm. £850 would be about half of all bills. We’ve been living with each other for 8 months.
    I’m aware we should have informed the relevant departments about us living together, just wondered how far they dig down and if her benefits would be looked into.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure