Stable credit rating

2»

Comments

• yksi
    yksi Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The word you're looking for is realistic. I think it's fair to say that Ben's first reaction was one of horror - totally justified imo, given that it's considered rock bottom to get a £200 limit at 39% interest, and then along comes someone whose offer is even worse and who's contemplating spending it on a really expensive lifestyle choice.

Yes, it's a personal choice and certainly allowed, but it would be a disservice to not discourage someone from such a deal.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 13 December 2019 at 5:33PM
    yksi wrote: »
    The word you're looking for is realistic. I think it's fair to say that Ben's first reaction was one of horror - totally justified imo, given that it's considered rock bottom to get a £200 limit at 39% interest, and then along comes someone whose offer is even worse and who's contemplating spending it on a really expensive lifestyle choice.

Yes, it's a personal choice and certainly allowed, but it would be a disservice to not discourage someone from such a deal.

Corect yes horror except that it was even worse than you have said - it was a £100 limit at 49.9%!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 December 2019 at 9:15PM
    Get a second hand TV, have a look round BHF as it's 6 or 12 months warranty they give on their electricals.

I picked my big TV up from cash converters a few years ago, it has internet access, Netflix, YouTube, and probably normal TV if I looked into it, I jack it up to the PC and off I go, also has USB sockets for pen drives, WiFi access etc.

At least you tried Ben.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport