Financial Association Advice needed

Options
Hi Everyone,

Looking for a little advice please as I have just noticed a financial associate link on my credit file from 2012. There is no active credit agreements showing on my file for us together, just the associate link. I was added to her spare bank account so that we could jointly pay bills back when we lived together in 2012. We lived together for a couple months, after which we had no contact. I don't ever remember going to the bank with her to have my name removed, but if i was still on there wouldn't it show as an active credit agreement on my file?

I cant ask her as we no longer have contact I dont have any details for her, i assume she closed the account down down? If the account was still active with my name would it show on the credit report?

Im sure the link will be removed if all is in order but im worried that i never agreed for my name to be removed so it may still be there?

Thank you

Comments

• maxximus75
    Options
    All you need to do is contact the CRA and request a disassociation.

You will need to state your reason i.e We have not been together since MM/YY and have not had any joint financial agreements etc. There is usually an online form to complete (I believe) which will give you the relevant information.

Once approved, the association link will be removed.

Remember, you may need to do this with all three CRA's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure