Loopy's Bankruptcy Journey

Comments

• 10 Years

Life after bankruptcy is never easy

It’s hard and it’s guilt ridden but..........

There is life

You’ll get there and you’ll get through it

I hope the people who read this thread get some hope and consolation from it

No debts, a car, three credit cards and a healthy bank account can be a lesson learnt

Just don’t borrow what you can’t pay back but sometimes it’s unavoidable

I learnt the hard way but its a lesson learnt and chapter in my life

I take every 12th of the 12th off to just have a “me” day

And today is no different but it’s very different to the 12.12.07

Good Luck to all and I feel for you

Because I’ve been there

All my love and Merry Christmas

Lou xxx
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• WOW! I have loved reading this! Thank you for posting and it's amazing how far you have come!

You're an inspiration and it's great to see that there is a life after bankruptcy. I am nearly 2 months in to my BR and it is such a huge relief but also has been very scary and I expect more scary things to come but it's so nice to see that life does go on after. It's a fresh start and a chance to change a LOT of things in life.

Well done you, you should feel really proud! xxx
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Hi loopy_lou1

I remember this well, and appreciated you taking the time to come back and post something so nice.

Thank you and all the best for the future.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Thank you so much for coming back and posting that. Fabulous inspiration!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi Lou

Enjoyed reading your thread, it’s been a huge help & it’s made me feel better! I’m going through the bankruptcy process at the moment, I’m 45 & I’ve been a student for over 5 years now, I have a teenage daughter & I’m 20k in debt (not including student loans!) I’m going through a debt charity, I started the ball rolling this year. I have to pay into a ‘plan’ every month which I struggle with, this is for ‘savings’ (which I need now!) bankruptcy fees & payments of £1 to each creditor. The process is taking forever, and I keep losing jobs etc it’s a nightmare. I’m grateful of the help the charity are giving me but when will my money be my own?! I nearly have all the bankruptcy fee now, surely they could use my ‘savings’ and start the process? They keep losing paperwork of mine too, it’s so slow. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you xx
  • 12 years on the 12th of the 12th!
    I never forget you - last year I was in London on a shopping day so this no post!
    This year is no different - i’m off shopping again because I’m not working today as I said I take every 12th of December off since 2007
    I remember that scary day like it was yesterday but you do get through it and you can come out the other side
    A lots changed since then and also a lot hasn’t

Life does go on and it’s not the end and there is life after bankruptcy! Don’t be scared because you’re not alone and I am eternally grateful to this forum for all the help I received 12 little years ago

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everybody let 2020 give you everything you deserve all my love Loopy x x x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• :) 13 YEARS! :)
    Life goes on..........
    Well, I'm 46 now.  I am allowed to have credit and lead a normal life.  Anyone who is reading this and is scared - you'll be ok.  There is bigger things to be worrying about at the moment.  Who'd have thought - COVID-19!
    What a year.  I was made redundant.  Millions of others, too.
    Can't wait to see the back of this awful year
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

L x 
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm not far behind you - 04.04.08 was my date.  

:j :j

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    12 December is Loopy Lou day!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts