5G in Belfast

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced the offerings? I believe we are restricted to EE & o2 ATM (Three as with 4G ignoring us, Vodafone may have us on the roadmap, but I can't recall).

I have ordered a cracking mobiles.co.uk 12 month 100GB o2 sim only for (after redemption cash back) £13.50/mth, which should end up costing me under £12/mth (Santander 123 plus £10 TCB). EE only have unlimited for £44/mth on sim only - I'd stick with 4G before I pay that.
Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!

Comments

• BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good 4G coverage right across the city would be preferable!
  • jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    On the topic of 5G, o2 has some 5G in east Belfast (have not tried elsewhere) - hit 200Mbps near the mast, but it falls off VERY quickly - sub 4G speeds at my house. Interestingly the speed right beside the mast was only 100Mbps (below the mast, if it is on top of the building I think), but hit 200Mbps 100 yards one way & 190Mbps the other. So even the distance from the mast to the edge of the building knocks the speed right down.
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure