CCJ Compensation

Options

Comments

• celfighter
    Options
    the first letter I received was sent to my parents address.
    They were instructed to update their records and send further correspondence to me at my current address. The CCJ was sent to a third address - which I haven't lived in for 2.5 yrs. How is this fair? If they knew where to write and had been sending me letters there, why send a CCJ to an old address unless they are trying to scam me?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What address was your vehicle registered at?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    the first letter I received was sent to my parents address.
    They were instructed to update their records and send further correspondence to me at my current address. The CCJ was sent to a third address - which I haven't lived in for 2.5 yrs. How is this fair? If they knew where to write and had been sending me letters there, why send a CCJ to an old address unless they are trying to scam me?

So how did they get this third address then?

You also seem to be avoiding the question of what address the vehicle was registered at.
  • celfighter
    Options
    Vehicle was registered to my old address where the ccj landed. However, the first letter we received went to my parents address and after that they and their solicitors were writing to me at my current and correct address.
    If they knew where to write then Why sent a CCJ anywhere else?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As you have already been advised, the paperwork will be sent to the registered keeper's address as held at the DVLA. You failed to update that record when you moved, so your responsibility and no-one else's.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    What address was your vehicle registered at?

Your ignoring fact to try and make a point....:rotfl:

Post #9 and #11 quite clearly explain.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Right.

So you didn't update your V5 docs for where the vehicle was registered, which is also an offence.

I don't think that will stand up in court very well either.

This happened because the courts issued the CCJ to the address of the vehicle was registered, then the collection agencies chased you down via info on the CRA's
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Is that an echo i hear....:T

Your ignoring fact to try and make a point....

Post #9 and #11 quite clearly explain.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    fisherp123 wrote: »
    Vehicle was registered to my old address where the ccj landed. However, the first letter we received went to my parents address and after that they and their solicitors were writing to me at my current and correct address.
    If they knew where to write then Why sent a CCJ anywhere else?

umm , when they wrote to you at your new address , did you reply to them , did you acknowledge that they were in contact with you at the correct address ? , or did you throw letters in bin
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Right.

So you didn't update your V5 docs for where the vehicle was registered, which is also an offence.

I don't think that will stand up in court very well either.

This happened because the courts issued the CCJ to the address of the vehicle was registered, then the collection agencies chased you down via info on the CRA's

GARY < GARY

the parking Co are only sllowed to ask the DVLA ONCE , repeat ONCE fot the persons details , this would be within 14 days if it was ANPR ticket or 28-56 days if ticket on car

the parking Co CANNOT go back to the DVLA and ask for info , a month , 6 mths , a year or even 5 yr and 10 mths after offence !!!

yes it is a DVLA offence not to update , but this has nothing to do with the court case/CCJ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure