Appen Butler-Hill

Options

Comments

• timefortea
    Options
    I'm working on the project to transcribe those fifteen minute phone calls and I've been getting paid every fortnight on a Thursday for work completed by the previous Friday. If those recording the calls are being paid on the same schedule I'd expect you to get paid on 22 November (today is my payday, but if you only did the work a couple of days ago you'll have missed the previous Friday cut off).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've applied for quite a few different things, one I eventually got told was full and now stuck on the qualifying part and "we'll be in touch" for the other 3 projects. Hoping to be accepted for something soon :(
  • Robinette
    Options
    Appen is still recruiting for the voice recognition project paying $50 - see the referrals thread for links.
  • tarloweh
    Options
    Anyone noticed the reduction in work for project Yukon? i used to be able to get 10hrs/week without a problem but now i'm struggling to reach even that. Is there a specific time when tasks drop now? i work between 4-10pm weekdays.
  • algordon24
    Options
    Hi folks,

Which of the following projects offers most hours? Nile. Saluda. Tigris. Yukon. Truckee.
  • eleda3
    Options
    I applied for a position with Appen before Christmas (British Language Expert, which I think translates to 'transcriptionist'!) and received an offer, which I accepted. I then heard from one of their representatives saying the project manager would be in touch. That was at the start of January and I haven't heard anything since. I've emailed the representative twice trying to figure out what's going on, but haven't heard back. Has anyone else had this?
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eleda3 wrote: »
    I applied for a position with Appen before Christmas (British Language Expert, which I think translates to 'transcriptionist'!) and received an offer, which I accepted. I then heard from one of their representatives saying the project manager would be in touch. That was at the start of January and I haven't heard anything since. I've emailed the representative twice trying to figure out what's going on, but haven't heard back. Has anyone else had this?

In general the way Appen and others work, is they get a few people on the books and then when a spot opens up on a project they will contact you. The problem can be, sometimes this takes a long time depending on how many projects they have running and if people are leaving etc.

I've been with them around 7 years now and have had one large gap of 5 months between projects. It might be worth applying for the other jobs if they are available (the best one is normally web search evaluator as this gets you into loads of other projects)
  • eleda3
    eleda3 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I was hoping it would be something like this. Still a little frustrating they couldn't reply, but what can you do! I had been planning on applying for another project but wanted to suss out how usual the radio silence was in case it would be worth trying a different company instead.

Thanks again!
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    Options
    eleda3 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! I was hoping it would be something like this. Still a little frustrating they couldn't reply, but what can you do! I had been planning on applying for another project but wanted to suss out how usual the radio silence was in case it would be worth trying a different company instead.

Thanks again!

I'd agree, I think its worth trying a few companies. Lionbridge are similar. Leapforce used to be one, but got bought out by Appen.
  • eleda3
    Options
    Can you work for Lionbridge at the same time as Appen?

I've now applied for the web search evaluator position and got an email saying, basically, 'thank you for your interest again'. Not sure if it's in response to my emails about the first position or this new one. They say they will contact me if a space comes up that matches my skills. Is this basically a rejection? I would think that if they were really considering me for a position they would want to go through the assessment first, which they haven't done. Why would I be waiting to fill a position when I haven't even taken an assessment?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback