IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Are too many cases going to court

13»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks, I did not know that. I do not frequent boards favoured by riff raff

Seems like a reworking of this Marx Brothers one.
    I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Which in turn gives the Groucho club its name. I am not a member just for the record.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bargepole wrote: »
    The detail of the Bill is given here: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2017-2019/0017/18017.pdf

It has gone through the Committee Stage without amendment, and is now due for its final stages on 23 November.

But this Bill is only the mechanism by which the Government can introduce a statutory Code of Practice.

The details of the actual CoP are being worked on by a separate committee. and will be published after the Bill becomes an Act.

Interesting reading.

I note they refer to ATA's ... does this mean that the
    great Gladstones/IPC/IAS scam will continue

A separate committee are working on the CoP ?
    Who are these people ? .... is it the BPA ? god help us
    if it is as their POFA2012 is a complete disaster
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    beamerguy wrote: »
    A separate committee are working on the CoP ?
    Who are these people ? .... is it the BPA ? god help us
    if it is as their POFA2012 is a complete disaster

The committee comprises representation from the parking industry, and from organisations representing motorists, so that will be the RAC Foundation and the AA.

The committee is chaired by Steve Gooding, Director of the RAC Foundation, and now everyone in Government knows to take everything the BPA says with a pinch of salt, after the last fiasco.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bargepole wrote: »
    The committee comprises representation from the parking industry, and from organisations representing motorists, so that will be the RAC Foundation and the AA.

The committee is chaired by Steve Gooding, Director of the RAC Foundation, and now everyone in Government knows to take everything the BPA says with a pinch of salt, after the last fiasco.

Thanks BP, this will help put peoples mind at rest

We cannot wait
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks BP, this will help put peoples mind at rest

Was this the same RAC that supplied the bod to construct the first few BPA Codes of Practice. And who sat on the BPA Council?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Was this the same RAC that supplied the bod to construct the first few BPA Codes of Practice. And who sat on the BPA Council?

RAC Foundation - Ms Jo Abbott.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/protection/memo/pf21.pdf
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • I like the idea (mentioned on Pepipoo I think some years ago) of charging PPCs a special Parking Charge Tax: 100% tax on anything above a GPEOL. That'd dampen their enthusiasm for court proceedings... without creating carmageddon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure