Appen Butler-Hill

Comments

• It's the same job, and no...I got no test. Still no work though so I have no idea why they are 'recruiting'.
  • summer78
    summer78 Posts: 43 Forumite
    i have been asked to sign a NDA and then will be emailed with an online test that should take an hour. Did you not have to do this?
  • i have been asked to sign a NDA and then will be emailed with an online test that should take an hour. Did you not have to do this?

Hi Summer78, you are applying for a job as Web Search Evaluator so you will be doing tests for Appen Butler Hill. I and i think most of the other people on this forum have applied for the Crowdsourcing contract and no tests are needed for this position....the job you've applied for probably needs tests to be taken and probably pays more too! Anyhow, hope you get through the tests...good luck :)
  • summer78
    summer78 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Thanks Charsoph for letting me know good luck too hope the work picks up soon :)
  • maddam78
    maddam78 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hello judges,

And thank you for your interest in working with Appen Butler Hill. We very much appreciate that you took the time to respond to our inquiry and sign the contract for crowdsourcing work with our company.

Unfortunately the tasks for your market have been delayed. We do not have an estimated date of when the tasks will be loaded, but we will send an email announcement to all as soon as work is available. At that time, we will also resend all information to access the tool and tasks.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please send them to [EMAIL="crowdhelp@appenbutlerhill.com"]crowdhelp@appenbutlerhill.com[/EMAIL]. We will notify you as soon as tasks are available.

My sincere thanks, and apologies again for the delay.
  • charsoph wrote: »
    Hi Summer78, you are applying for a job as Web Search Evaluator so you will be doing tests for Appen Butler Hill. I and i think most of the other people on this forum have applied for the Crowdsourcing contract and no tests are needed for this position....the job you've applied for probably needs tests to be taken and probably pays more too! Anyhow, hope you get through the tests...good luck :)

Nope, I applied for web search evaluator. No test.
  • Anyone doing their current transcription job? It's good fun, and straightforward, but I'm finding the 'labels' you have to categorise each utterance aren't saving... anyone else? What should I do? Keep going or wait? Don't want to have to redo them all but equally, I'm impatient to crack on. Have emailed them but not heard back...
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Anybody actually doing this, i keep getting emails to do work but have not started. Just wondered what its like, is it worth it? :)

Cheers.
  • zebramolli
    zebramolli Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    clairibel wrote: »
    Anybody actually doing this, i keep getting emails to do work but have not started. Just wondered what its like, is it worth it? :)

Cheers.

I did a couple of tasks last week, put in 6 hours over 3 days and had earnings of $92.07 possibly with a $10 bonus if I met the criteria for one task which required over 500 judgements. So I'm hoping for about £60 but this is the first time since I joined in November that there has been a decent amount of work; but I don't do translation or linguistics tasks, only search engine evaluations.

Honestly it is repetitive and boring at times, but on the flip side it is quick to go through once you've got the hang of the task you're doing. I do it when hubby is hogging the TV with his xbox :)
    "Organic!! I grew up on Angel Delight..." - Dylan Moran
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    zebramolli wrote: »
    I did a couple of tasks last week, put in 6 hours over 3 days and had earnings of $92.07 possibly with a $10 bonus if I met the criteria for one task which required over 500 judgements. So I'm hoping for about £60 but this is the first time since I joined in November that there has been a decent amount of work; but I don't do translation or linguistics tasks, only search engine evaluations.

Honestly it is repetitive and boring at times, but on the flip side it is quick to go through once you've got the hang of the task you're doing. I do it when hubby is hogging the TV with his xbox :)

lol i know about the xbox thing :D Thanks for your help, think i'm going to give it a go as we need some extra and this fits in with the family :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback