Incorrect P45 date

Just looking for some advice please.
I went into work on Monday 22nd Jan and was told there and then to leave as my contract was not being extended. So I take it my final day was the 22nd of Jan as this was the day I received my final pay.

i then unforunately had to sign onto Universal Credit. I was expecting my first payment only to find out it was 0.00.
It turns out that my P45 has the leaving date of 31st Jan, which is wrong, I am still asking them to change this but they (my last employer) are ignoring me.
HMRC won't budge and Universal Credit won't pay me this missing month as they are going by what HMRC state.

I really don't know what to do I really need this money to pay my rent.. An awful situation to be in. :(

any help glad appreciated.

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jellie2602 wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice please.
    I went into work on Monday 22nd Jan and was told there and then to leave as my contract was not being extended. So I take it my final day was the 22nd of Jan as this was the day I received my final pay.

i then unforunately had to sign onto Universal Credit. I was expecting my first payment only to find out it was 0.00.
    It turns out that my P45 has the leaving date of 31st Jan, which is wrong, I am still asking them to change this but they (my last employer) are ignoring me.
    HMRC won't budge and Universal Credit won't pay me this missing month as they are going by what HMRC state.

I really don't know what to do I really need this money to pay my rent.. An awful situation to be in. :(

any help glad appreciated.

You might have left the building on 22 January but was the payment made on that date for the whole month or only up to 22nd?
  • The payment was made on that date (within an hour of me leaving actually)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The payment was made on that date (within an hour of me leaving actually)

But you haven't answered the question that was asked. I've highlighted the important part.
    LilElvis wrote: »
    You might have left the building on 22 January but was the payment made on that date for the whole month or only up to 22nd?
  • Sorry was paid 1 weeks notice so no not up to the end of the month
  • Intoodeep
    Intoodeep Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Sorry was paid 1 weeks notice so no not up to the end of the month

You left on January 22nd and were paid one weeks notice so forgive me if I'm being thick but doesn't that take you to the end of January ?
  • I know, thats why I am asking about the wrong P45 date :(
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you were paid in arrears for all the work you had done, and 1 week in advance for your notice period (that you didn't have to work) then it sounds like the P45 date is correct.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is this the situation ...

On the 22nd January you were given 1 weeks notice. This would mean that your last working day was 29th January.

However, though you were still employed and being paid, the company didn't need you to do any work for that last week.

I can see why your P45 should say 29th January, but certainly not 22nd January.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • Yes thats what I thought if anything it should be the 29th...
    But the Employer is ignoring me unfortunately!!!128532;
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So I take it my final day was the 22nd of Jan as this was the day I received my final pay....
    It turns out that my P45 has the leaving date of 31st Jan, which is wrong
    Are you sure they've not been generous and paid you to 31st January?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure