Comments

• skcollobcat10
    skcollobcat10 Posts: 331 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 11:19PM
    Question answered
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Managed to login at the 3rd attempt. Stayed on a "Holding List" according to top lh side.

Logged in again twice more, stayed in that List for ages. Finally accessed my account, tried to make a Faster Payment: "Your Faster Payment may have been unsucccessful."

MAY have beeen? Now I can't get in, they just throw me out with the message that I have to try again later. If I could get to branch I could, but I am recovery from serious surgery and housebound.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Chudsey wrote: »
    We have no cash, no petrol, no electricity, running out of food. And TSB just said "Sorry, we're working on it"
    What am I supposed to do with regards to food, electric, petrol? I live in a rural village and rely heavily on internet banking, as our nearest branch is 30 miles away. I'm also a full time carer at home, and I haven't been able to carry out those caring duties as I have no cash!
    Having grown up in a small rural village myself I can't help you in this situation, but can offer some general advice - you either need to move, or radically change the way you live. At the moment your problem is not being able to access cash, but what would you do if it snowed for example? How many days food supply do you keep at home, and what would you do if bad weather brought down the power lines?

I'm not trying to be clever, but just offering some advice about some of the pitfalls of living in the countryside when things go wrong. If you haven't already thought about plans for various 'what if' scenarios happen, then now would be a good time.
    They want me to go into branch but I can't get there without petrol. Not sure what help that would do, I know of others who went to the branch just to be told they need to ring customer services.
    If you live in a rural area and don't have enough petrol to get you into the town, then presumably you have a local rural petrol station you normally use? (in which case you are very lucky). Have you explained the situation to them and asked them to let you have a small amount of petrol to get into town and you'll pay them later? Small local retailers are normally willing to do things like that for loyal customers. The same usually goes for convenience stores etc.
    I appreciate what you are saying, but not all of us have credit. Further, I shouldn't have to be using a credit card at my expense. My money is being withheld from me, even now after they've supposedly "fixed" this issue.
    TSB have made it clear that it wouldn't be at your expense. They will make sure people are not out of pocket (for reasonable expenses). If you cannot use cash or a debit card then it would be reasonable to pay on a credit card and ask TSB to refund any interest you had to pay.

But if you clear the full balance on each statement there would be no interest to pay for up to 56 days.
    ....hopefully TSB will have sorted themselves out by then.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • EachPenny wrote: »
    Having grown up in a small rural village myself I can't help you in this situation, but can offer some general advice - you either need to move, or radically change the way you live. At the moment your problem is not being able to access cash, but what would you do if it snowed for example? How many days food supply do you keep at home, and what would you do if bad weather brought down the power lines?
    I'm not trying to be clever, but just offering some advice about some of the pitfalls of living in the countryside when things go wrong. If you haven't already thought about plans for various 'what if' scenarios happen, then now would be a good time.
    If you live in a rural area and don't have enough petrol to get you into the town, then presumably you have a local rural petrol station you normally use? (in which case you are very lucky). Have you explained the situation to them and asked them to let you have a small amount of petrol to get into town and you'll pay them later? Small local retailers are normally willing to do things like that for loyal customers. The same usually goes for convenience stores etc.
    TSB have made it clear that it wouldn't be at your expense. They will make sure people are not out of pocket (for reasonable expenses). If you cannot use cash or a debit card then it would be reasonable to pay on a credit card and ask TSB to refund any interest you had to pay.
    But if you clear the full balance on each statement there would be no interest to pay for up to 56 days.
    ....hopefully TSB will have sorted themselves out by then.

Thanks for the tips :)

We obviously have local shops, local post office, etc, and when it snowed bad this year I was able to walk to local amenities because I had cash or my debit card.
    The issue here is, without money, I can't get petrol. Without money, I can't pay train fare to go to the branch. This is completely different to being snowed in, bank accounts have become such a necessity that when it goes wrong, we really are left up a creek with no paddle!

I made allowances for their weekend upgrade. They gave enough notice, so I had cash & stocked up on food. I received more money paid into my account yesterday and haven't been able to access it. The cash I took out ran out yesterday, as I was expecting them to be up and running as usual. This issue has now dragged on for 72 hours longer than it should have, so we can't really be blamed for not taking enough money out. I shouldn't have to go and beg, borrow or steal to pay my living costs. I imagine this has been a huge learning curve for a lot of us, but for TSB there isn't going to be a 'next time', I'm switching as soon as I get access to my accounts again.

They are still having major issues now. Another 2 hour call on hold today, finally got through to someone who can help me trace my missing current account. Whilst TSB are saying the vast majority are now able to login, I can login also but 1 account is missing, the other accounts (savings accounts) are all showing £0. Up until Friday, I had nearly £1800 in my account. All of that is completely gone, and they are trying to find out where the money has gone.

I like how the media is giving out news that its fixed. We've received no official word from TSB, and according to the manager I spoke with this afternoon, they are still frantically trying to work out what is wrong. It has NOT been fixed, despite what the news says.
    The worrying thing is, if their banking system is not stabilised, the bank will end up collapsing. If they're not able to bank effectively, we're all going to need to find a replacement bank!
    This is the reason everyone at TSB is running around trying to sort this - its their jobs at risk, along with all our money. I know the FSCS guarantee up to £85k, but thats not the point!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm switching as soon as I get access to my accounts again.
    No need to wait. Open your new account straight away, and once you have full access to the new account (online, debit card, PIN), ask for the switch.
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    YorksLass wrote: »
    I have two DDs due to be paid today and I want to know if that's happened or not.

Still couldn't log on this morning so I got a printed balance from the cash machine instead. As I keep a very close eye on funds I could work out that the two DDs have been paid.
    lazer-zxr wrote: »
    At the branch. Queue Out the door. 2 out of 4 cashier positions open.

They're probably off work with stress! :rotfl:At this rate, tomorrow the other 2 counter staff could well be missing too! Customer facing staff are the ones I feel sorry for 'cos they're in the line of customer fire.

Update: Wed 17.14 - hooray, have managed to log on at last. :j

Mr Pester may be saying all is fixed but it clearly isn't, as evidenced here e.g. can log on but not make a payment.

Up to a point, I can understand TSB limiting the number of customers accessing online banking at any one time as there will definitely be a backlog of customers wanting to view their accounts, make payments etc. However, in my book, limiting access = our systems can't cope. Just how much longer will it take for everything to be working as it should? Heads need to roll over this fiasco.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • After 2 days of trying, I have finally managed to move money out of my account using faster payments :j
  • Amst
    Amst Posts: 141 Forumite
    This is like the Tesco delayed payment issue all over again. People crying on social media that they can't budget properly - you should always know what is in your account and what is due to go out.

If these people cannot function without online banking for 4 days then they need to review their spending and educate themselves.

Me and my wife know how much we are paid, what our balance is once we've been paid and what we expect it to be by the time we get paid again. We are nowhere near our overdraft (never used it, never will) but we actually know what we spend and don't need to have a breakdown on twitter when a bank's maintenance runs over the expected timescales.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Amst wrote: »
    This is like the Tesco delayed payment issue all over again. People crying on social media that they can't budget properly - you should always know what is in your account and what is due to go out.

If these people cannot function without online banking for 4 days then they need to review their spending and educate themselves.

Me and my wife know how much we are paid, what our balance is once we've been paid and what we expect it to be by the time we get paid again. We are nowhere near our overdraft (never used it, never will) but we actually know what we spend and don't need to have a breakdown on twitter when a bank's maintenance runs over the expected timescales.

It is the same mentality and group of people, Victimhood hard at work coupled with triggered snowflakes who are not capable of taking any form or responsibility in life start losing the plot and see the pound signs of compensation rolling and blinding them from the facts of the matter thus the outrage.

I have a few direct debits, most of my transactions are controlled by me so people get paid when I decide, I managed from Friday until I got paid today, because, I knew what I had in my account, ok to the nearest tenner but I knew I had a £300 buffer in case something went off.

Failing that I have a couple of credit cards with different financial institutions to fall back on - for the most, the problem is the people, not that the bank is free from accountability but it is the people who amplify the problem.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ^ stands back and watches explosion!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business