Precise Mortgages

Options
Hi - We have applied for a mortgage with Precise and have yet to hear anything other than a letter to say they are happy with our DD details. It has only been a week but does anyone know what the general time scales are ?

Comments

• MortgageMamma
    Options
    I hate to give this to you, but Precise take quite a long time to get anything done. Is it a remortgage or a purchase? If its a purchase I'd recommend setting a schedule on your phone to call your adviser for updates twice a week just to ensure things are pushed along in a timely manner.

If its a purchase with a strict completion deadline, I'd be pushing for your valuation now.

Its important to keep your adviser and precise on their toes so they don't drop the ball and your case completes in a reasonable time.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • tg1206
    Options
    Hi,

Currently going through the process with precise, like you application was submitted back last week (Wednesday). They’ve come back with a couple of queries on some things. However, have been quick to respond (the next day to any queries). Our broker is pretty on the ball and responds instantly.

Have had no DD letters off them.
  • backontrack83
    Options
    Hello

I read all these horror stories of precise but they were the only ones we were matched with via a broker. My timescales were

DIP Received - 08.01.19
    Paid Reservation Fee to Builder - £11.01.19
    Met with broker to put through full application - 17.01.19
    Spoke to stepchange for letter needed by Precise - 18.01.19
    Provided more documents/info requested by Precise via broker - 22.01.19
    Letter from stepchange received and sent to broker - 23.01.19
    Valuation took place - 23.01.19
    Mortgage Offer Received (via email) - 25.01.19
    Just waiting on the paper version through post.

From full application to our offer was 8 days, we are buying a new build with H2B loan if that is of any use to you too.

HTH each day you wait feels like a month but its worth it. Good Luck x
  • Kaggs!
    Kaggs! Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    This is good to know, we have just submitted application on Thursday, which was accepted.... just waiting on under writer for hopefully a mortgage offer 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Kaggs!
    Options
    Still ain’t heard anything other than a few more requests .... :-(
  • jid134
    jid134 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Kaggs,

I went with a broker due to my credit rating being screwed over by a old friend, went and got a dip on the 13th March sent 6 months bank statements payslips etc,

My gfs is all okay but mine has been a problem as I work for Ryanair and I have sector pay I had to get a letter from HR Send to broker to send to precise, then they said no as I had a productivity bonus that was added in October and then November as Ryanair missed 300 quid off it then remainder in Jan now I have had to send 12 months payslips to prove I get it once a year headache, hopefully on Monday I get news.

Jonjo.
  • Kaggs!
    Options
    Aww no, that sounds stressful.. fingers crossed for you

Karen
  • jid134
    First Post
    Options
    They said to my broker once they verify everything it's basically a green light as they are happy with everything else just my payslips ����

Yeah fingers and toes crossed and a couple of beers and cigs to keep my stress levels low ������

Jonjo.
  • Kaggs!
    Options
    Lol I know I am so stressed! Haha hopefully that’s the case with us too ������
  • jid134
    First Post
    Options
    Should be alright, when they asked for everything it was done within 30mins of the request so they knew i was on the ball.

You going with precise?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure