Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• I gave up waiting for an e-mail response and have now called them. 2 minutes to answer the call which is ok - tho the automated responses kept saying I should e-mail which they aim to answer within an hour and they aim to answer calls under 1 minute - so they are failing on both counts at the moment for me.

However finally spoke to one of their representatives and she looked at my first e-mail from Friday (seems it was the first time it was read!) and once she clarified the issue explored a bit deeper and it seems they have made some mistakes. Apparently my gas reading hadn't registered but she couldn't explain how they generated a false one and gave it to Sainsbury's. Also they had a spurious electricity reading but hadn't passed that on!

So now they have my opening readings from 2 weeks ago and todays readings and on Thursday I need to give some more which they will then give to Sainsburys for a final final bill.

If all goes smoothly I'll see how I feel about them then.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    CudsN15 wrote: »
    Hi Hengus,

Thanks for the reply - To be clear I did not give Sainsbury's any readings - I gave my final meter readings to Octopus.

When I checked my final bill from Sainsbury's that's where I noticed the wrong meter reading was on the gas bill and an estimated reading on the electrcity bill.

I have not given Sainsbury's any readings - even now - as the Sainsbury's representative told me to contact Octopus to resolve this.

As of yet I have not had an individual reply from Octopus.

Thanks

Apologies - I have clearly misread your post:

Quote. I spoke to a Sainsbury's representative (got through straightaway and they were very polite and professional) and they told me Octopus have given them a gas reading lower than the one I had given them and no Electricity meter reading! Sainsbury's then estimated the electricity but under estimated by just over 1,000 units! Unquote
  • Recently switched to Octopus, but somewhat worried about their admin systems. Gone with both gas & electricity, from BG. After switchover, received a somewhat confusing email about handover meter readings I'd already provided. Deduced this was just for electricity although it didn't say so, but readings were quoted in kWh, no mention of "units".
    My Octopus account showed no gas reading, but that it was "due soon". Queried all this via an email to them, got an auto reply saying current average responses were averaging 12 hours, but eventually got one 5 DAYS later ... The agent said he was as mystified as me as to why my gas reading didn't show in my account - very comforting - but answered my other questions satisfactorily.
    All a little vexing, but I have full confidence in Octopus' ability to get their tentacle out.
  • System
    Having signed up earlier in the month, just received an email from Octopus to say the transfer has started and switch should be complete by the date I selected. That's what I call efficiency!!

[Removed]

Happy saving! :D

You might call it 'efficiency' but most suppliers will inform switchers of the planned date of transfer, and the supply will be transferred on the stated date. Occasionally, things go awry but often this is down to the industry transfer process which has little to do with the actual supplier.
  • System
    On what day of the month does Octopus bill from? I ask because some suppliers always bill from the last day of the month, and others use the date on which the supply was taken over.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone signed up for the "Agile" tariff that Octopus have launched.

https://octopus.energy/agile/

I understand you get a message each day to let you know what the rates, for each half hour, will be for the next day.

Would be interesting to see what the actual rates are at the cheap times and when they normally occur.
  • fox_warrior
    fox_warrior Posts: 87 Forumite
    Has anyone signed up for the "Agile" tariff that Octopus have launched.

https://octopus.energy/agile/

I understand you get a message each day to let you know what the rates, for each half hour, will be for the next day.

Would be interesting to see what the actual rates are at the cheap times and when they normally occur.

I've just been looking at it but I'm not keen of having a smart meter as the last time I enquired I was told they revert to being a dumb meter if you switch supplier. (Having to manualy take readings and submit them). If that is still the case I wouldn't be interested.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
  • fox_warrior
    fox_warrior Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2018 at 4:47PM
    I have been impressed with Octopus from the get go, but I emailed them on the 5th to ask when my next statement will be available. I got one back on the same day to say they are busy and will get back to me soon. Then another we'll get back to you soon email on the 6th. I still haven't had an answer so I've sent another email asking if they are any closer to giving me the answer to my enquirey. Not heard back yet. It's disapointing as up to now I haven't had a bad word for them. Hope this is just a one off.
    Thanks for reading. Live long & prosper
  • System
    I have been impressed with Octopus from the get go, but I emailed them on the 5th to ask when my next statement will be available. I got one back on the same day to say they are busy and will get back to me soon. Then another we'll get back to you soon email on the 6th. I still haven't had an answer so I've sent another email asking if they are any closer to giving me the answer to my enquirey. Not heard back yet. It's disapointing as up to now I haven't had a bad word for them. Hope this is just a one off.

I called them yesterday and got the standard message that I should use e-mail as CS normally responded within an hour. I am still waiting for a response a day later. I just wonder whether they have fallen into the trap of growing customer numbers leads to fault lines in customer service delivery times.
  • aj_m
    aj_m Posts: 9 Forumite
    A few months ago they switched from "account month" statements to generating one whenever you give a meter reading (or an estimated one after 3 months if no reading). I give a reading on the last day of the month and the statement is ready the next day. All very clear, accurate and efficient so far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback