£150 switch incentive from NatWest (2019)

Options

Comments

• award996
    Options
    Not received anything today so looks like its game over!
  • Speedster2
    Speedster2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Raffers wrote: »
    Not to poop on your otherwise happy parade, but you'll also have been charged £2 per month.
    Yeah, that’s true but I’ve got the switching payment, now I can look at whether my rewards cover the fee going forwards.:beer:
  • Speedster2
    Speedster2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    award996 wrote: »
    Not received anything today so looks like its game over!

Too bad, but as eskbanker pointed out up above it was all there in the terms & conditions. Can you switch a non-NW account now and get the new £125 (+£50) switching offer?
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay! Me too now.

Mine's gone in too! They left the "I" out of "SWITCHER" :-)
    Whoop!
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked mine & its there.
  • Zero_Sum
    Options
    Not to poop on your otherwise happy parade, but you'll also have been charged £2 per month.

Not for me. I only switched to the standard account as i have no intention of using it other than to switch elsewhere
  • metrobus
    metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I switched but did not make the £1500 payment thinking the £1500 and odd that was transferred from my old account into the new NatWest account would count.

Guess what ?

It does since I received the £150 today.

I was hoping it did not so I could just close it down and do the new higher offer.

But hey it’s a free £150.
  • SamJ35
    SamJ35 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any idea if I have to keep the account open for a certain period of time, or can I switch away now that bonus is received?
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Does anyone know if you get £150 x2 for switching a sole account and a joint account?
    Only one qualifies if you open both a single and a joint account.

A couple can each open a single account to benefit twice.
  • Zero_Sum
    Options
    SamJ35 wrote: »
    Any idea if I have to keep the account open for a certain period of time, or can I switch away now that bonus is received?

You will have kept account open for a few months anyway to get reward. Once reward is paid, cant see why they could stop you from switching again.

And anyway even though i was always was just using it as a dummy account to obtain switching bonuses, i have good reason to switch again as even though ive not really used it, nat west are quite rubbish.

You need a card reader to transfer money, but they dont send one as standard upon registering for online banking. And they dont tell you this until you try & move money.
    Their banking app doesnt work (well not if like me you have an earlier OS than android 6. My phone is only 2-3 years old, so far too early to not bothering looking at compatiblity issues)
    And i dont like it that the account number isnt quoted on the debit cards. If i want someone to transfer me some money, i need to log into the website (cos the app doesnt work) just to get my account & sort code. Other banks i can just look in my wallet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure