“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great news about the holiday Wannabe :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased you've got a holiday to look forward to! It sounds like quite a day today - I hope you get chance to wind down this evening.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So glad you got the holiday sorted WF xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you :)

Not such an early night but got the cleaning and ironing done. Since the incident last weekend things have been quite tense round here :( We where promised more police presence but that definitely hasn't been the case. Someone has just been kicking my front door/glass panel at the side and when I went to the window they just said oh sorry wrong house? Weird. But yeah things are noticeably more tense than usual.

Smalls are all sleeping :) Going to have my cuppa then get on with sorting some paperwork and things out or maybe I'll just stay stuck here and read my book :o :rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    :eek: Oh sorry, wrong house :eek:. WTAF?!?!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :eek: Oh sorry, wrong house :eek:. WTAF?!?!

Blooming heck, I would be a nervous wreck:o

Hope things went ok with the realitives x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You're a cool customer! At least you saw them off. Is it worth letting the police know about it?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    Options
    You're a cool customer! At least you saw them off. Is it worth letting the police know about it?
    I think I would actually inform the police.Good idea,
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another MSE'r has seen my area this week :o I'm sure they'd agree it's 'cough' rough :o I wouldn't ring the police Cherry then I'd be worried I'd be the 'right house' :o I keep myself to myself seems the best way :o :rotfl:

It was okay Beanie - smalls didn't enjoy it as much as I thought they would. Which I feel really bad saying this but I'm kind of glad :o It just made me realise how right my decisions have been.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    Another MSE'r has seen my area this week :o I'm sure they'd agree it's 'cough' rough :o I wouldn't ring the police Cherry then I'd be worried I'd be the 'right house' :o I keep myself to myself seems the best way :o :rotfl:

It was okay Beanie - smalls didn't enjoy it as much as I thought they would. Which I feel really bad saying this but I'm kind of glad :o It just made me realise how right my decisions have been.

x

Well that's acheived a result then.
    So you know:) :A x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback