My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I hope your shoulder is feeling slightly better . Enjoy your evening out with your DDs , I am sure you will enjoy it once you are there.

It's been sunny and windy here, but fresh.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I hope the shoulder eases - but if you have to go to the GP it might be helpful in the longer term.

All I can suggest is having a bath with Epsom salts in to try to relax the muscles, but I'm not expecting that could be a total cure. I did find it helped after exercise but obviously that's very different from injury.

All this talk of beaches is lovely - I'm hoping we can get a day away to see the sea at some point. DH was brought up on the coast and he misses it.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sounds like a lovely week is planned, even if it is a bit spendy. It's not like it's every week for you.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I hope your shoulder is feeling slightly better . Enjoy your evening out with your DDs , I am sure you will enjoy it once you are there.

It's been sunny and windy here, but fresh.
    Sadly my shoulder is still not right, but on th upside I did indeed enjoy our night out once we got there,the food was lovely and we had some interesting discussions plus lots of laughter
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    I hope the shoulder eases - but if you have to go to the GP it might be helpful in the longer term.

All I can suggest is having a bath with Epsom salts in to try to relax the muscles, but I'm not expecting that could be a total cure. I did find it helped after exercise but obviously that's very different from injury.

All this talk of beaches is lovely - I'm hoping we can get a day away to see the sea at some point. DH was brought up on the coast and he misses it.

I thinking of phin8ng my GP tomorrow because my shoulder is still painful,the trouble is it takes so long to get an appointment it will probably be better by the time I see her:rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely week is planned, even if it is a bit spendy. It's not like it's every week for you.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better x

I've made my peace with spending some money,like you say it's not a weekly occurance and it is nice to get out and do something a bit different,I just hope the weather warms up a bit because it's like winter here today:(
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I thinking of phin8ng my GP tomorrow because my shoulder is still painful,the trouble is it takes so long to get an appointment it will probably be better by the time I see her:rotfl:
    Always the way. :)
    Maybe just make it anyway, you can always cancel.
    Have a good week. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 14 April 2019 at 11:34PM
    That's Sunday done and dusted :j
    I now have two days off so I'm happy:j:j:j
    Our night out last night was really nice in the end,I thought I would be tired but I seemed to gain some energy from somewhere, the food we had was lovely and I did treat myself to a cheeky Jack Daniels and coke,I don't drink much anymore because since I've started going through the menopause it doesn't really agree with me,I can get away with one or two if I'm eating but if I'm not careful I end up with a red burning and very itchy face,it's just easier to avoid it really,it's just every so often I fancy a whisky or cider :beer:

I slept like a log last night due to falling into a carbohydrate induced coma :rotfl: I did not want to wake up this morning though :(

Work was pleasant today,it was quiet and relaxed again so that was a bonus,the only downside was my flaming shoulder which was throbbing madly by the time I got there,I took some Brufen and paracetamol and rubbed some deep heat on it and that combination lasted for 4 hours, then I had to do that again but haven't taken anymore since,it's not hurting at the moment but I do have pins and needles in all my fingers on that side,I'm going to take some Brufen in a bit when I go to bed and hopefully that will keep it from flaring up in the night and waking me up

I walked home from work tonight due to the buses being rubbish on a Sunday,I quite enjoy it actually,it gives me time to wind down from work and I get to listen to a podcast on the way,tonight I listened to The Slow Home podcast which is currently my favourite,she interviewed someone called Mike Campbell who along with his wife sold everything they own and went on a year long adventure in the USA,they managed to afford to do this by house sitting their way round the country,I just love the way people are using their imagination to make these sorts of things possible

Anyway it got me thinking about alternative ways to live,so instead of renting your own home you could literally go from one house sitting job to another,obviously you would need a base in case there was no jobs available but this seems like a low cost way of living to me,I'm seriously considering this as a partial retirement plan for in the future, I would love to house and pet sit my way round the country

I went on two house sitting sites and looked for jobs just in my area and there were loads,I could have put myself forward for at least 6 months worth of free accommodation in return for looking after the house and a couple of pets, it's certainly something to think about

Tomorrow I think I'm going to have to go shopping because I've run out of bread and yogurt,I also want to make a teabread but I don't have enough flour,I also plan to do a bit to the bathroom if my shoulder let's me,we will see in the morning
    In the meantime I am off to make the tea to soak my fruit for the teabread
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,696 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I would never have thought of house sitting, but it's an amazing idea. It is one way to travel but off the beaten track and get to know the communities rather than just the tourist sites (obviously do them as well).

Hopefully having two days off will help your shoulder relax a little and not throb so much.

Enjoy your days off. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Two days off gone in the blink of an eye😟

Yesterday I was going to do some more bits to the bathroom but I was soooooo tired I just couldn't muster up the energy,the weather here was awful,really cold and windy,we took the dog for a walk then we came home and hibernated all day,I made my tea loaf and did the ironing but apart from that my main activity for the day was reading

Today was my day to have DGS and we were supposed to be going to the zoo,we woke up to rain so our zoo trip was cancelled until another day,I went to visit my friend for coffee instead.

I haven't really done much today,on the way home from my friends I walked into town and bought some ingredients to make up a leek croustade for tea,we had leeks that needed using up, it was yummy and there is enough for tomorrow too

I'm just waiting for some washing to finish then I can go to bed,I am shattered this evening,the good news is my shoulder hasn't hurt all day so hopefully it's ok again now, it ached a bit yesterday while I was doing the ironing but not as badly as it has been,I haven't really used it today so hopefully it's on the mend now

I'm just waiting for some washing to finish then I'm off to bed,I'm working tomorrow but only a late so I don't have to get up early,DGS is here again though so I will probably get woken up anyway, I just have to get through this week and I am on holiday for a week,I can't wait :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback