Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2018 at 4:27PM
    pippo wrote: »
    Got 4 x £6 off wys £30 vouchers for waties:j:j

Can somebody please remind me if I buy meat/fish in the 3 for £10 offer does the full price count towards my total or is it just the £10? I know this has been said many times, but I rarely go to Ws and I can't remember (or find the answer!).

Plan to go to toon this week, using free bus pass:j:j
    Coffee and cake in John Lewis, visit bank, generally mouch around then back to the Waities beside the bus station, another coffee, paper, magazine and shopping to take me up to £30 then bus home.

Yes full price counts towards spend, eg 3 x waities essentials stewing beef, £4.40 each or 3 for £10, counts £13.20 towards your spend. £2.15 for a latte, new August mag just out £2 and sunday best day for cost of paper :)

• Thanks Pippo! A word of warning, the Alpro milks don't seem to be comparing the 3 for £3 at Morries advertised on Mysupermarket.
  • izzeyb
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 August 2018 at 4:15PM
    27 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda waitrose
    1x Alpro Oat Original Drink Uht (1l) £1.39 £1.40
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A 0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.05 £0.06 1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 N/A 8x Alpro Coconut Original Drink Uht (1l) £12.72 £8.00 10x Alpro Almond Original Drink Uht (1l) £15.90 £10.00 4x Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink Uht (1l) £6.36 £4.70 3x Arla Lactofree Long Life Semi Skimmed Milk Alternative (1l) £4.20 £3.00 Comparison total (compared products only) £40.62 £27.16

thanks for confirming

27 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda waitrose
    1x Alpro Oat Original Drink Uht (1l) £1.39 £1.40
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana £0.14 N/A
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot £0.05 £0.06
    1x ASDA SP Chopped Toms in Tomato Juice (400g) £0.29 N/A

8x Alpro Coconut Original Drink Uht (1l) £12.72 £8.00

10x Alpro Almond Original Drink Uht (1l) £15.90 £10.00

4x Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink Uht (1l) £6.36 £4.70

3x Arla Lactofree Long Life Semi Skimmed Milk Alternative (1l) £4.20 £3.00

Comparison total (compared products only) £40.62 £27.16
  • izzeyb
    First Anniversary
    Thanks Pippo! A word of warning, the Alpro milks don't seem to be comparing the 3 for £3 at Morries advertised on Mysupermarket.

The Alpro was on offer at Waities, all cheaper than Asda, some from 97p to £1.??? until yesterday.

The 3 for £3 offer started today. Possibly Asda's system has not caught up yet and is still using yesterday's prices, which were still around the £1 a carton mark

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Yes full price counts towards spend, eg 3 x waities essentials stewing beef, £4.20 each or 3 for £10, counts £13.20 towards your spend. £2.15 for a latte, new August mag just out £2 and sunday best day for cost of paper :)

Many thanks, thought that was the case, but don't get there much.

So basically 2 x 3 for £!0, mag coffee and paper should do it.. I will add up as I go!
  • izzeyb
    First Anniversary
    Many thanks, thought that was the case, but don't get there much.

So basically 2 x 3 for £!0, mag coffee and paper should do it.. I will add up as I go!

Just corrected my typo, the stewing beef £4.40 each.

Depends which Sunday paper you get, mail is £1.80, think couple of others dearer. As long as you hit £20 before any discounts, if you have the 4 off £20 S&S. If I am a few pence short I usually get few bananas and weigh and label them so I am sure I have spent enough
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't know, pretty sure mhoc will be along soon and let us know.

Make sure that Mrs Anon has her contact preferences set to mail.

No, its not me that is the Waitrose expert.

My average spend in waitrose is £2 and this week I got one of my shops down to zero last weekend :)

One shop was
    Sunday newspaper £2 ish
    waitrose mag £2
    latte £2 ish - don't forget to take your own cup
    Bonne mammon crème desserts x 2 £2 but I had MOCs for these
    = £0

2nd shop had he Yeo butter which was on GJ for £2 (40p cashback) - no crème desserts left
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have free Walkers Poppables on Shoppmium at Co-op :-).

I got very excited then for a minite and then I remembered the Honest kids six mini drinks free from COS at the Co-op we have tried and failed to find anywhere ...

No I should not be so cynical - we are going next to a Co-op tonight so who knows :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc wrote: »
    I got very excited then for a minite and then I remembered the Honest kids six mini drinks free from COS at the Co-op we have tried and failed to find anywhere ...

No I should not be so cynical - we are going next to a Co-op tonight so who knows :D

I've just been down to mine and they had them! I was very suprised as it's a small Co-op. They were down near the plastic picnic plates and BBQ tongs etc. I also got a till-spit for 50p off sugar so I used it for 1kg of granulated sugar at 69p :-).
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :D
    All this talk of waities i have still not received any coupons since May last yr:(
    My sister gave me a 8 off 40, i had a £10 voucher from them as i rang and complained ages ago that i had not had any.
    At the weekend i got 3 persil and 3 vanish ,paper, drink, and there are TWO different mags, paid £2 :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure