PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Options

Comments

• Footiemad_2
    Footiemad_2 Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just thougt I would update regarding my claim with Pinnacle. I made a call to the FOS this morning asking them to explain in more detail why my complaint was against the underwriter. This due to the fact that my complaint cannot be considered against the business that sold the policy because they were not regulated before 2005 :mad:

"Due to the complex nature of the issues involved, there will be a delay.... (REALLY!!!). I am sorry. We will provide you with a further update on your complaint by 31st May 2011."

Well I have waited 18 months!!!!!!

I asked if anyone has been successful, as there must be others whose complaints go back further than mine, but I wasn't given a straight forward answer.

So for anyone who has raised a complaint when the company wasn't regulated before 2005, there is going to a long wait, nevermind the FR. :( They are still to seat around the table and go through it all. ?????
    Footiemad:footie: 2013 - SPC no.1147...Keeep potting!!
    2013-VSP #21 £14.59
    SPC 2012 - £207.44
    SPC 2011 £647
    VSP 2011 £70.37
    23lb/54lb :o
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Footiemad wrote: »
    Afternoon all

Just thougt I would update regarding my claim with Pinnacle. I made a call to the FOS this morning asking them to explain in more detail why my complaint was against the underwriter. This due to the fact that my complaint cannot be considered against the business that sold the policy because they were not regulated before 2005 :mad:

"Due to the complex nature of the issues involved, there will be a delay.... (REALLY!!!). I am sorry. We will provide you with a further update on your complaint by 31st May 2011."

I asked if anyone has been successful, as there must be others whose complaints go back further than mine, but I wasn't given a straight forward answer.

So for anyone who has raised a complaint when the company wasn't regulated before 2005, there is going to a long wait, nevermind the FR. :( They are still to seat around the table and go through it all. ?????

Hi FM.

Thanks for your update, I was infact wondering about yours over the weekend and was about to ask, so you beat me to it. LOL

Funny enough I received a letter dated 31 March in regards of the underwriter from the FOS to tell me there will be a delay, mine have been with them since before 2009 as well.
    I know how frustrating it is, but you have waited this long and stay strong now, we will get there.
    I say one thing though, at least the FOS are keeping on at them and have taken them on, so that means something I suppose.

Lets hope we get some hopeful results after all this waiting.

Good luck honey and I everything crossed XX:A
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    klflosser wrote: »
    Letter from Barclaycard this morning putting decision on hold due to JR. That makes 4 now. Original 2 barclays loans sent to FOS some time ago but nothing more heard at present. Let's hope we all hear something about the JR soon. Suppose it is more promising than a definite NO.

Hiya.

My 2 with Lloyds are also held back due to the JR.

I also had some successful cases last year via Lloyds, but this was all before the JR issue came into affect, if I had came across these last 2 with the other reclaims last year I would have dealt with them the same time, but never mind.

Good luck on yours too xx;)
  • shellbo10
    shellbo10 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I need some advice on a ppi claim .

Last Sept Simms & Carmichael took my details about a loan that I had taken out in 2004 with Household Bank.
    I sent them my loan docs and my details and have recieving feedback since.Firstly I was told that HSBC held my details and they actually owned Household bank.Then they lost my loan documents
    Luckily I still had my check stubb and account ref no on it.
    I paid back around 8500 in total

Then in December last year I recieved a letter telling me that Key Financial had now taken over The Simms & Carmichael claiments
    The original loan was for £5000 and I had 2 lots of PPi with it life insurance and critical illness insurance. I paid the loan back in 2005.
    this person dealing with my claim keeps telling me that the review is on going.
    I am getting quite fed up, I am on a DMP and really trying to sort my finances out and they are aware of this. This is the last email sent below
    I am emailing in relation to our previous discussions regarding the judicial review. I wanted to ensure you that I will update you as soon as there has been any developments with regards to the hearing. Please see the below media statement posted yesterday:-
    ‘The outcome of the Judicial Review into PPI Redress is expected shortly. Whilst a decision has been reached, it will not be made known until officially handed down by the Judge. This is expected as soon as the legal teams of the various parties can fix an available date in the Judge’s calendar.’
    can some one pls help me
    Thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    shellbo10 wrote: »
    Hi I need some advice on a ppi claim .

Last Sept Simms & Carmichael took my details about a loan that I had taken out in 2004 with Household Bank.
    I sent them my loan docs and my details and have recieving feedback since.Firstly I was told that HSBC held my details and they actually owned Household bank.Then they lost my loan documents
    Luckily I still had my check stubb and account ref no on it.
    I paid back around 8500 in total

Then in December last year I recieved a letter telling me that Key Financial had now taken over The Simms & Carmichael claiments
    The original loan was for £5000 and I had 2 lots of PPi with it life insurance and critical illness insurance. I paid the loan back in 2005.
    this person dealing with my claim keeps telling me that the review is on going.
    I am getting quite fed up, I am on a DMP and really trying to sort my finances out and they are aware of this. This is the last email sent below
    I am emailing in relation to our previous discussions regarding the judicial review. I wanted to ensure you that I will update you as soon as there has been any developments with regards to the hearing. Please see the below media statement posted yesterday:-
    ‘The outcome of the Judicial Review into PPI Redress is expected shortly. Whilst a decision has been reached, it will not be made known until officially handed down by the Judge. This is expected as soon as the legal teams of the various parties can fix an available date in the Judge’s calendar.’
    can some one pls help me
    Thanks

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Did you post them the originals or send them copies of the loan documents?
    If you need to do this again in the future I would send them copies only, and another way to get hold of any paperwork on your account would be a Subject Access Request (SAR) where they have 40 calendar days to comply, but you pay a charge of £10 cheque or postal order for this request.

This is of course optional - but just to let you know for the future in case you were not aware of this.;)

Unfortunately, many are in the same position and also on payment plans due to hardship, it does make it more frustrating all the waiting because of the JR.
    Hopefully there will be a firm decision made sooner rather than later.

Did the business mention the Financial ombudsman Service (FOS)?
    Normally once the 8 weeks have passed you do have the option, or they will give you the option to wait until the JR decision.

However, its the same for the FOS unfortunately, even though we can still continue to make the complaint to the FOS, they can still make a decision, but again they will also have to wait for the JR decision.

Its a right pain I know.
    A decision have probably already been made, but as you also stated they are now just waiting for it to be handed to the judge to announce.

Try to bear with it, and only pay what you can or arranged through the DMP.

For more help on hardship, the thread called debtfreewannabe is very useful and they are very helpful, if you require any help on this check out the thread below, and feel free to post up.;)

Good luck with this, hope you hear something soon, fingers crossed.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2011 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Many thanks amersall, but I'm now very confused :(

The PPI guidance suggests asking for terms & conditions (12-14 days), writing to your seller (with the questionnaire), following up your complaint, and then if all else fails complaining to FOS.
    If you know the reasons for mis sell and you have the account numbers of the accounts, then that is all you need to make a claim. The template letters are ok but if you end up taking this to FOS, then you have to fill another template in!! it is so much easier just writing a short letter to the lender and put "i believe i was mis sold ppi on the above account number because... and give the reasons you think you were mis sold.
    The credit card reclaim guidance suggests getting your statements (40 days), asking for your money back, what to do if they place you on hold, threatening court action and sending a FOS complaint form.
    This is really not necessary!! if you have the account numbers.
    However, at least one of the lenders fits into both categories. Whilst I'm going to tackle PPI and credit card charges separately (as mentioned before), I just can't get past a mental barrier.:o I'm really sorry for taking up so much forum space.
    I am not suprised you are having a mental barrier!!. Reclaiming is easy and i think the template letters make it very daunting to make a claim. especially for newbies.

For PPI, I thought I'd need to know how many instances of PPI have been applied to the accounts (from statements), so I can add this up should I ever get to the stage where an offer is made.You do not need to add the ppi up, if you win you will be made an offer, then you can post the figures on here and someone wll check they are right Or, so I can put it down on the 'why are you now unhappy with the insurance' part of the questionnaireYou are unhappy with the insurance because of the reasons you give for mis sell.. Or, just because I genuinely don't know!
    If this supporting statement information plugs the gaps, then should I not ask for it? As i have said, you do not need all the info pertaining to your account, if you have valid reasons for mis sell and the account numbers.

I wanted to use a SAR to get these PPI statements (because there was no PPI statement request template), and because I thought I could also use it to ask for terms & conditions (and anything else relating to the account) at the same time. I'd hoped to get both the statements and terms & conditions I needed, before writing to the seller with the questionnaire.
    You will only need a sar if you need account number or other info (especially for the bank charges)
    Can I use a SAR for PPI? (amersall, you kindly offered advice elsewhere and said you weren't sure on this point).

If I can't use a SAR, after I've asked for my terms & conditions, can I adapt the 'getting your bank statements' template used for charges, to say I'd like details of my PPI charges over the last 6 years?

This would be the only instance where my PPI and credit card reclaim approaches converge. Using the same 'getting your bank statements' template to request statements; one amended for PPI, the other unchanged for credit charges.

After that, my PPI reclaim would continue with the questionnaire; my credit card reclaim would continue with 'asking for your money back'.

I really appreciate everyone's advice, help and time in replying to my posts. Thank you so much.
    As yours are credit cards, i think someone who has claimed these back already will guide you more on this.
    You really do not need to use the template as it is easier to write a few lines in your own words.
    I find the template very off putting, i am suprised that many use these, it really has you confused at the moment, i got all my wins with just a letter to the company, only one went to fos so only one headache with the template.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Footiemad wrote: »
    Afternoon all

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Stop moaning :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Fingers and everything else crossed xxx:D
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick heads up on mine, nothing flash but last heard from Halifax regarding my ppi on 16th March and today i came home to another later basically saying sorry we cant give you a decision as of yet but its being looked into , then they went on to say the courts had done this and done that etc

on it goes but i cant moan really mines only been a few months x
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • Footiemad_2
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi FM.

Thanks for your update, I was infact wondering about yours over the weekend and was about to ask, so you beat me to it. LOL

Funny enough I received a letter dated 31 March in regards of the underwriter from the FOS to tell me there will be a delay, mine have been with them since before 2009 as well.
    I know how frustrating it is, but you have waited this long and stay strong now, we will get there.
    I say one thing though, at least the FOS are keeping on at them and have taken them on, so that means something I suppose.

Lets hope we get some hopeful results after all this waiting.

Good luck honey and I everything crossed XX:A

Hi Di

Great minds think alike;) Yes, I will keep strong and positive, no news is good news!!! Fingers and everything else crossed for the both of us and anyone else in the same boat:(

2013-VSP #21 £14.59
    SPC 2012 - £207.44
    SPC 2011 £647
    VSP 2011 £70.37
  • Footiemad_2
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Stop moaning :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Fingers and everything else crossed xxx:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:How very dare you. :D Thanks hun xxx
    2013-VSP #21 £14.59
    SPC 2012 - £207.44
    SPC 2011 £647
    VSP 2011 £70.37
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts