Things can only get better

Unbelievably my very long running diary of 5 years seems to have been deleted :( Not happy about this to say the least:(

Not sure what to do about it. Need my diary to keep me sane and on track.

Had to swiftly come up with a new title, had been meaning to start a new diary but not this way.

Anyway, in brief for those who don't know, my life changed drastically 5 years ago when my OH got Lymphoma in his brain, nearly lost his life but miraculously survived, although he has permanent brain damage and is disabled. So we lost his wage and I'm now the sole breadwinner. At its highest debt was around £5k but paid off thankfully.

I try to keep as normal a life as I can.

Still really angry my old diary has gone :eek:
Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I can't believe your diary has gone :(

I was so annoyed when mine went. All the advice, comments and help etc it's really put me off focusing too much on my own diary now.

x subscribed x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • This seems to be happening far too frequently! Hello, by the way! I hadn't managed to get round to reading your diary but I had been planning on it, not best impressed I won't be able to now (grumble). I will subscribe so I can come along for the ride on this one :)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,094
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks folks :) It's upsetting as, although I wanted to start a new diary, the old one was a record of Mr SA's battle with his brain tumour.

Hello lonely rat, have "seen" you on other threads.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • I was only on page 62 - now it’s gone ��. Really sad for you to lose your diary this way. You are one inspirational lady. I can’t understand why it would just disappear like that?
  • Your diary was amazing SA. I spent about three weeks reading it all once, it was compulsive reading. I'm glad you've started a new diary.

I'm very annoyed that this keeps happening :mad:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I can’t believe your whole diary could just disappear?! I totally use mine to record Mr Lucky’s ups and downs, so understand how gutted you must be :(. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2018 at 10:16PM
    I wondered where your diary had went and then noticed my post count had dropped again and thought, "Aw naw, surely no?"
    It's totally ridiculous that folks diaries and long established threads are being deleted so easily by this "glitch" in the forum's system.
    Get it sorted MSE techies!!! :mad:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • I've been copying and pasting my diary into a Word file every few days in case mine gets deleted. You never know who's going to be next :mad:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • It's totally ridiculous that folks diaries are being deleted so easily by this "glitch" in the forum's system.
    Get it sorted MSE techies!!! :mad:

It's not like we haven't asked them before after Wannabe's got deleted twice, but still nothing has been done :(. It's a real fault in this otherwise wonderful forum :(.
  • Good evening

How frustrating. .........

Your diary was one of the first I used to read.

But onwards and upwards.

Hope you have had a good Saturday. Did you lose at SW?

Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills