Share dealing platforms - totally confused

Options

Comments

• Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just out of interest how would I know A-T had replied if they were on my ignore list, how does it work?
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Tom99 wrote: »
    Just out of interest how would I know A-T had replied if they were on my ignore list, how does it work?

Because the existence of the posting is indicated on the thread, with a note saying "xxxxxx is on your ignore list".
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    A-T, you are on my ignore list. There is no point replying to me.

You have tried to pick an argument because I said that what you wrote implied something and you have continued to insist that I show you where you said something. You have become increasingly aggressive over it, even though I have shown you exactly what I said, which was that this was an implication of what you said. I don't like your attitude.

In your previous post you conflated two issues. If I am wrong then I will admit that I am. A search of my post history will reveal several instances where I have done so. I am now ignoring you, not because I can't admit that I am sometimes wrong, but because I find you to be overly aggressive and determined to pick a fight. The very fact that you felt it necessary to reply after I had said you were on my ignore list just demonstrates that you have to have the last word and you can't let things go.

I'll say it one more time, just so we are clear: I don't like your attitude and you are on my ignore list.

I never implied anything that you suggest I did. And you have completely failed to show where I did despite being asked to several times.

As said before don't misrepresent posters then expect not to be taken to task over it.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    A-T, you are still replying to me, but as I keep pointing out, you are on my ignore list, so I don't see what you post! This all adds to my view that you just have to have the last word.

I wait with baited breath for the next post that says, "This message is hidden because A_T is on your ignore list."
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    A-T, you are still replying to me, but as I keep pointing out, you are on my ignore list, so I don't see what you post! This all adds to my view that you just have to have the last word.

I wait with baited breath for the next post that says, "This message is hidden because A_T is on your ignore list."

deary me...
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Why don't you just ignore rather than wait with baited breath?[/FONT]
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    I really like Vanguard, you can buy / sell their own products at close prices for free, or during the day on shares for a small fee.

It's so easy to use and I'm a complete novice but doing really well.

One thing I've noticed though, if you don't pay regular amounts in, if you wait instead for the right price to buy and wait to long, it automaticallym sells and does a buy, and then emails you telling you have 3 lives left or something. So I just make a small regular payment to LS20 which is the lowest risk.

I've not looked at how to buy / sell FX here , don't know if its possible
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Bingo! It took you 11 minutes!
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Because the existence of the posting is indicated on the thread, with a note saying "xxxxxx is on your ignore list".
    A-T, you are still replying to me, but as I keep pointing out, you are on my ignore list, so I don't see what you post!
    What I don't understand is that if you have someone on your ignore list then you don't get to see to see response. The only way that I know to actually see the response and to know they have responded to you is to remove them from the ignore list.

This appears to be a limitation of the system, unless I am wrong?
  • dont_use_vistaprint
    Options
    In addition the OP mentioned customer service, I've never had a problem getting hold of Vanguard on the phone, they stayed on the line and walked through a few scenarios with me , explained in detail how transaction timing works regarding deals made overnight and during the day.

The only downside I can see is there's no app, getting access to the current prices and making a deal quickly is a bit of a faff on a phone. Also I can't see any way of setting buy/sell alerts /thresholds - does anyone know a similar platform with these features
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport