No more borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry about the dog hope you're doing okay xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your dog going to rainbow bridge.
    He will be happy & pain free & you gave him a wonderful life.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rubyjam
    rubyjam Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Oh :-( very sorry to hear about your lovely dog.

Hope you managed to tick off all the to do things on your list today - I'm an avid list writer but not so avid at actually getting anything done!
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Really sorry to hear about your dog - I'm sure he had a happy life with you but you must miss him dreadfully. xxxx
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you. We do miss him. It is odd without him as he was a huge dog with huge personality.

rubyjam, I didn't achieve much from my list but can cross off a few things. Mr P sold his pickup for a measly £350 but it wasnt really going to get through another MOT. The chassis was rotten. The money is going to pay for bet bills and maybe something towards cc debt if we have any change.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • poohbear59
    Options
    [STRIKE]Transfer £500 to new 0% interest credit card[/STRIKE]£400 has been transferred as £100 had to be left as available balance.
    [STRIKE][STRIKE]Cancel dog insurance and print off form to see if we can claim anything back: highly unlikely as it was a pre existing condition when we got dog from D[/STRIKE]D.Done
    [/STRIKE]Pay water bill for cottage oops, forgot and got red reminder today
    Pay for new internet connection for cottage.Phoned but person I need was unavailable, will try again today
    Make optician and dental hygienist appointment
    [STRIKE]Read up instructions for new window frame[/STRIKE] which arrived a few days ago. I am going to glue, prime etc.
    Write an inventory of food in freezers and larder. Muscle food order arrived today so we have meat, and friend emptied her freezer and larder today so we have lots of new goodies including home made soups
    Write meal plan for two weeks.

I went to slimming world this morning and had gained 1.5lbs :eek:, not surprised as I just grabbed anything to eat most days this week and over the weekend, and knew I was going to gain. I am determined to lose this next week.

We have no heating on at all and I am frozen solid. Time to wrap up in a blanket me thinks. The thought of doing a freezer inventory is definitely not appealing, maybe later :o
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dog Pooh.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • poohbear59
    Options
    I have sold an item for £5.99 on 3bay. As soon as I am paid I will pay the £5.99 towards the credit card. Every little helps. It was the only item I had listed so I need to add more now that life is quieter again. I have some clothes that are too large for me :)
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending lots of warm thoughts re the loss of your four legged friend. They are just so special.
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • poohbear59
    Options
    I had a lovely day out with DD yesterday.First of all we took FGS for his first haircut, then we went to a garden centre where the local primary school had taken the infants for a visit. All four of them! Two teachers, one parent, one grandparent, one toddler and four pupils. We had a lovely time. They drew pictures of flowers, saw how to sow seeds and care for plants, visited the aquarium shop, picnic lunch and time playing in the playground.

I bought some vegetable seeds, some bulbs on special offer £1.50 for 25 gladioli bulbs :) and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Lots of my day was sitting down which helped too but I arrived home completely shattered.

The freezer inventory was completed a couple of days ago and I have a menu plan for the next week.

Payment has been made to cc so I will update later.

Hoping for a NSD today.....I have an assessment appointment for CBT later today and hospital appointment tomorrow. I will be prepared with drinks and food in case we are delayed. For years I carried a bottle of water with me. I have started again, I have no idea why or when I stopped. Tap water is lovely here and if it wasn't I would filter it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure