Grants available for homes improvements & energy efficiency

Comments

• simonm_3
    simonm_3 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Hi

I was also looking for info on "Home Energy Saver" and came here using Google.

Also see: http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/search.php/08000280001

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08081102030
    http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08000280001/2

This isn't a comment on their prices etc as I have no idea, bet there's a big fat salesman's commission built into any price though!
  • nannylol wrote: »
    hi i am registered disabled and have trouble parking my car outside my home due to volume of cars in my road, i have asked the council about dropping my Kerb so i can park in my driveway, they have told me it will cost approx £1.000 as i am on benefits this is way beyond what i can afford can anyone tell me if there is an Organisation or grant available to help me with these costs please i would be grateful for any advice given thankyou

Have you looked into having a disabled parking space made outside your house? A disabled friend of mine had one made by Reading council. There are also several disabled spaces in my own area outside disabled drivers' homes. Presumably there would be no cost to you. Good luck.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They normally only allow disabled spaces if there is a need and or a problem with parking.

Even if you get a space it doesn't stop other disabled drivers using it
  • Hi All
    This is my first post so hope it works and someone can help.
    I have a solid fuel coker/boiler that needs repair. I'm 79 years old and I am disabled and on benifit. I have applied to Warm Front for help and although they will install a new Oil boiler , tank etc at a cost of about £5000 they will not repair my existing boiler for about £200.
    I want to keep my solid fuel boiler as I live in a forest and can get fire wood free.
    Any suggestions?
  • Hi All
    This is my first post so hope it works and someone can help.
    I have a solid fuel coker/boiler that needs repair. I'm 79 years old and I am disabled and on benifit. I have applied to Warm Front for help and although they will install a new Oil boiler , tank etc at a cost of about £5000 they will not repair my existing boiler for about £200.
    I want to keep my solid fuel boiler as I live in a forest and can get fire wood free.
    Any suggestions?

Ring your local council - they may have grants or loans to make a house decent to live in (without heating I'm sure you would agree it isn't decent!)
  • I live on my own after recently buying my own place, the windows are old & I would not be able to get out if there was a fire. Am I entitled to any grants? My income is average, around £30k.
  • AvgGal wrote: »
    I live on my own after recently buying my own place, the windows are old & I would not be able to get out if there was a fire. Am I entitled to any grants? My income is average, around £30k.
    Some council loans or grants usually ask that you have lived at an address for a while (to stop people making money by renovating multiple properties at taxpayer expense). Most max income levels council's peg their grants at are around the £16,000 level. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained - give your local council a ring.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My council put a charge on your home if you get a grant regardless of income unless thats one from social services for disabled additions
  • savemoney wrote: »
    My council put a charge on your home if you get a grant regardless of income unless thats one from social services for disabled additions
    Quite common. How long for?
  • I was wondering if someone could help me with something,i heard from a friend i might be eligible for a £500 grant for a new boiler or heating system,but am unsure where to look for the best money off THANKS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback