PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Lizbetty
    Options
    Ours is off. I have a chest infection at the moment and am looking decidedly odd in my woolly scarf but the heating is staying off until we have to push the button! The kids (4 and 6) are fine on a night with their feather quilts, as soon as they start getting cold we'll reassess I think. But as someone else said, once it goes on it's hard to go back isn't it :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    still off at the moment in fact I am wearing a sleeveless tee shirt and feel quite warm.In the evening if it gets a bit chilly I have an old cardi thats about 6 sizes too big for me that goes around my shoulders and a knitted blanket over my knees .I am trying to keep the bills down plus if it goes on too early it seems to make the winter so much longer IYSWIM
  • ab7
    ab7 Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Mine has been on :o for an hour in the morning and evening as little one picked up a lovely kidney infection ended up in hospital and she's been freezing with the duvet over her, then when she's sleeping she's drowning in sweat with the duvet off! The joy of parenting..why cant they come with a manual...:rotfl:
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope your little one gets better quickly ab7 - they're such a worry aren't they?
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Still off here. After the few days of sunshine over the weekend, our apartment reached 32 degrees (again!), with the windows open! It didn't manage to cool down properly until yesterday, and even then, it was still 22 with one of the windows open!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • SavingJane
    SavingJane Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    No heating on here yet and will be trying to keep it off long as I can, our monthly payments are going up yet again but mainly the electric which I'm reducing by not having tv on during the day but we are in credit for gas.

Soon as I think LO is too cold in daytime it shall go on or we will just go out to more groups, a couple £ a group is cheaper then having the heating on

Such a worry thou with the price of gas ect, really have to keep it off long as I can.....We have blankets for evenings and OH doesn't really feel cold much so not too bad
    Mummy to Lewis Born Aug 10
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    still off here aswell, i remeber we used to try and wait til novemeber aswell but tbh i'll be happy if we we manage to the end of sep, altho i love a roaring fire if i had a fireplace i'd give in alot sooner :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    OFF its lovely and sunny here.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    Frugal wrote: »
    I am considering electric blankets for my DDs who are 5 as I expect this winter to be Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing... That said, I would only use them to warm the bed and they would be unplugged once they are in bed. Still not sure though.... I will see how we get on.

On really cold nights we all tend to snug up in my bed so we keep warm all together - cheaper and safer too :D

My heating is still off... Although I have been really cold tonight - got my sheepskin slippers on, a jumper and thick cardy and I still feel quite chilly. Should have gone to bed earlier!!

thanks for replying i spoke to hunny about it last night and he said at there age he set his mum and dads bed on fire with one :eek: so he said no he'd rather we used the heat more and maybe next year even tho he knows there safer now he's not keen and thats ok i'm not gonna push it
    katieowl wrote: »
    Hoping to hold out until at least the end of the month before the Rayburn goes back on. I'm paying a monthly sum for the heating oil now so the pain is spread a bit, but @ £80 a month it's still very steep!

Kate

that is steep we only fill our tank once a year (need to do it this month before it shoots up in price) but i just worked it out and at teh current price it will cost us £43 a month
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • sammr85
    sammr85 Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still off here. I don't intend on putting it on until November, the longer the better! My only hurdle is DH who just isn't as OS or MS as I would like.
    Total Debt at LBM - £19107.03
    Total now - £11091.22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport