Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Bought a band T shirt at a gig for £10. :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    ...Can I also ask some advice? I'm going to a wedding (never been to a wedding before in my life) and I'm unsure what to wear. I have a smart jacket (black with white pattern) that I was going to wear with a black top. I don't want to wear black trousers with that as it would then feel like a funeral outfit I think. Would these be acceptable at a registry office wedding? https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Grey-Skinny-Fit-Mid-Rise-Jean/130164433-Grey

What is usual for a registry office?

Thanks

Not sure about those...Do you have a white top you could wear with black trousers & your jacket? Maybe with red shoes, bag & clip-in fascinator (look in BHF)?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2016 at 9:33PM
    Hi Kim - Personally I wouldn't wear those to a registry office wedding - a bit too casual in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of dress / jacket combo - so what about a plain coloured shift dress to wear with your jacket. Even if it was a black dress the jacket would lift it and perhaps you could wear a nice big statement necklace for when you take your jacket off or as Floss suggests bold accessories.

Have fun :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Kim I agree that unless its a specifically casual wedding, I wouldn't wear jeans. Personally I usually opt for a dress for a wedding but if you don't have one, as has been suggested perhaps your black trousers with the jacket and a brighter top and accessories to match / compliment the colour of the top.

If you don't have a dress, and don't want to wear trousers, what about a skirt / top combo?

Do you have any friends you could perhaps ask to 'shop' in their wardrobes who might have something suitable?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2016 at 9:53AM
    Just popping on for some clothes related sympathy - I've just opened my wardrobe to find that my favourite cardigan - green cashmere - has been eaten by moths - massive holes - not recoverable. I know that in the scheme of things this is not a major tragedy but - I LOVED that cardigan :(:(:(:(:(

That's it now - moving on.... (with just a small tear in my eye :()
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    somerandom wrote: »
    Just popping on for some clothes related sympathy - I've just opened my wardrobe to find that my favourite cardigan - green cashmere - has been eaten by moths - massive holes - not recoverable. I know that in the scheme of things this is not a major tragedy but - I LOVED that cardigan :(:(:(:(:(

That's it now - moving on.... (with just a small tear in my eye :()

Get some cedar wood and/or lavender oil in there, as the moths don't like them.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Floss wrote: »
    Get some cedar wood and/or lavender oil in there, as the moths don't like them.

I will give that a go Floss thanks. :)
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Tuesday went to ms and bought 4 new vest tops of various kinds. Happy to see that they are so long on the body. Knickers are going back.
    Saturday hubby left me in S upon Avon whilst he went to football. Went to one of my favourite shops Wtite C to get a pair of slouchy trouser ( the pair that I bought six years ago have a small hole. Was Also looking for a new jumper for the winter. Had a 20% off voucher. Style adviser showed me around pointing out different tops/jumpers to me. 3 jumpers, 2 tops, a scarf and a pair of slouchy trouser later, I walked out of the shop! Have blown the budget but was replaced a few much used and loved items.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. Popping in to report on my spending yesterday. Went to a jumble sale and bought 3 new with labels dresses for £2 each (original total £126) and two as new skirts for £1 each. So £8 spent. I'll update my signature.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [QUOTE=somerandom;71329700
    Rowan - I'm hoping that this will prove to be a fabulous fresh start for you. What area are you looking for a therapy centre in? Also - I don't know if this would be of interest to you - but I know an organisation that offers free mentoring to women working in the not-for-profit sector. I had some during the transition period from work to starting my business and found it really helpful. If you're interested let me know & I'll message you the details.[/QUOTE]

Somerandom sorry I thought I had replied to this but mustn't have sent it.

I would be very interested in the mentoring . I have a new job and will probably start early November and it is also in the not for profit sector. It is part time so I can also do some hypnotherapy too - probably in the new year. I'm looking for a lovely therapy cente in Derbyshire to do that from.

I've had another little spend - a Masai dress from the cs for £7 and a Boden cardi from cs for £8. Must add those to my total spends. I am treating myself a bit too much at the moment. Lunch out, books, makeup - it's been stressful at work as lots of folk upset about losing their jobs. I know it is emotional spending and am telling myself to allow this little blip until my new job starts. :o
    Crazy clothes challenge 2017 - 30/300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport