* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Thank you for the well wishes for my mum. Reading back it looks like there are quite a few of us that need some TLC and time for ourselves. Especially nice to hear for you Vulpix, I think I can say we were all concerned with your post before Christmas.
    I am willing these builders to finish up soon, there has hardly been a break with them this past year and I am tired of it all now. Looking forward to them gone and I can drink wine and dance around the garden naked, not that I touch alcohol or dare go out without my fluffy socks on but hopefully know what I mean. Just being able to relax in my own home.
    Mind has gone on the garden now, not sure about raised beds for DS to grow some herbs and salad bits in but need something easy and simple, ideas anyone?
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hiya,It is so nice to be in the frame of mind where I feel like talking to anyone:D. I can say I have been so down I couldn't see light at the end of the tunnel.

I read every day but not post but when I do I don't always remember to comment ,please forgive me if I miss anything I should be recognising.Not yet back to full speed!

Well! hair dye was shades of blonde,reality is ginger!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or to be generous strawberry blonde.Not too bothered there is red hair in the family and I have the right skin tone;)

Am getting somewhat carried away with the self care,I bought a dress.The first one since my wedding dress I think.:rotfl:

TQ I am so pleased that you have some relief from the bullies.Horrid,horrid people.

0462,Hope the foot op is soon/goes smooth.At last a diagnosis to explain things.That must help somewhat. I have had foot reconstruction hence the wheel chair.No weight bearing at all for 3 months.Minimal weight bearing now with a boot and crutches.Very,very slow job.Should be great in time,I will be able to walk much further than I could prior.

GYD I wonder if your local volunteer bureau would build your son some raised beds to plant up.Big pots work just as well but need more care with watering.Tomatoes,fruit trees/bushes and salad and veg all grow well in pots.I would hapily come and help in your garden.Do we live in travel distance?

Vx

PS Hampshire to Peak District a bit of a stretch for the afternoon!
     :
  • Vulpix I moved from Hampshire now, although Sussex is just as far. But thank you for the offer, if we do ever move again I will make certain it is within vulpix distance and give you full garden duty (still dreaming of a small holding so be aware). I shall look into the volunteer workers, goodness there would be some work there for them. x
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just popping in to say I have been to B&Q today and they had some very good reductions on vases, candles and a very nice small good quality lantern for £3 odd.Would make nice gifts.

Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think I read that B&Q have 20% off plants too this weekend. Good for stocking up hanging baskets x.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I went to a craft fair yesterday and got some nice goodies- at the mo Im trying my hand at making paper flowers (with varying degrees of success). It was a lovely morning out (cold tho), came home to find OH had built the pergola and nearly taken himself out in the process when one of the timbers fell on his head, resulting in a large scratch and I am sure large bruise appearing today! he did do a very good job though so Im happy.
    In the afternoon I dd some crafting with my new stuff and made my sister's birthday card, so all in all (concussed husband not withstanding) it was a good day.

Hope everyone else has/is having a good Bank Holiday weekend xxx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Yes, it was rather cold yesterday - I went back to wearing my winter coat! Such a contrast with Easter weekend.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I’m a very proud mum today.
    My daughter was dancing in a choreography competition today. It’s something a bit different from what she usually does. She was part of an adult team, even though she is 13. Her teacher wanted her in it as she knew she could keep up, and she has the look and height.
    Well they only went and won :j but also she was dancing later in another dance of under 16’s, in a different dance. Well they went and won too :j.
    She is such a quiet and shy girl. And she really struggled with the stress of not wanting to let them down. The pressure was on and my hands were shaking when they went up to dance. But they rocked it and got straight firsts. I’m fit to burst today :T:
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done to your DD & the rest of the team Nic. :) Very much a proud mum moment! :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    murie wrote: »
    I think I read that B&Q have 20% off plants too this weekend. Good for stocking up hanging baskets x.

Homebase have some packs of 6 bedding plants for £1. I got some French marigolds and trailing lobelia yesterday (not necessary what I'd usually choose but given my only success generally lies with them drying out and dying I figured I shouldn't be too fussy. Planted them up today, lobelia in a hanging basket and marigolds in a pot.

Nic you are entitled to be a super proud mum, well done to DD, she should be super proud of her achievements. :T
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family