Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Eileenmoon wrote: »
    Hi not sure if I'm on the right forum but here goes. My husband had a debt with Mnba who passed it to Arrow Global who in turn asked Reston Solictors to act on they behalf. We received a letter from the court and as my husband was self employed at the time and was on a low wage the judge agreeed for us to pay £1 per month off the £1900 debt. Reston then applied for a charging order on our property because the debt would take a long time to clear. We wrote to the land registry and court contesting this. We went to court and offered to up the payment to £5 as my husband is now in a paye job. The judhe gave us a few months to see if we could up the payment. When we returned to court neither the judge or the solicitor acting for Reston had any knowledge of the charging order! Plus the judge was in such a hurry he had no time to listen to our side of the story. We have now received a letter from the court saying we have to pay the full amount by 29th September we cannot afford to pay this and are worried as to what will happen next. We are paying £5 a month towards the debt but that is all we can afford. Can anyone please give us any advice?

yeah your gatecrashing someone else's diary post on the main board plenty of people will respond.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Hows the wee bestie is it brilliant having it back?
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Eileenmoon wrote: »
    Hi not sure if I'm on the right forum but here goes. My husband had a debt with Mnba who passed it to Arrow Global who in turn asked Reston Solictors to act on they behalf. We received a letter from the court and as my husband was self employed at the time and was on a low wage the judge agreeed for us to pay £1 per month off the £1900 debt. Reston then applied for a charging order on our property because the debt would take a long time to clear. We wrote to the land registry and court contesting this. We went to court and offered to up the payment to £5 as my husband is now in a paye job. The judhe gave us a few months to see if we could up the payment. When we returned to court neither the judge or the solicitor acting for Reston had any knowledge of the charging order! Plus the judge was in such a hurry he had no time to listen to our side of the story. We have now received a letter from the court saying we have to pay the full amount by 29th September we cannot afford to pay this and are worried as to what will happen next. We are paying £5 a month towards the debt but that is all we can afford. Can anyone please give us any advice?

Hope you find the help and advice you need EileenMoon...
    I'm sure that if you wanted to join on this forum as a DFW diarist you would be made most welcome.
    I'm sorry that in essence you came to my door looking for help and I was unable to help you but my friends have given you good advice and I hope you can return and take it.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Hi redofromstart, Hidden and Scott :D

You'll always find tea n cake at my place ;)

Scott, it is GREAT having my wee beastie back :D
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    It's FRIDAY YAY :D

Have a great day folks

Planning another bike adventure for this weekend... no idea where yet though ;)
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    I posted Eileenmoon's post onto the main DFW forum.
    Hopefully, they'll find an answer there

Nearly finishing time...
    Weekend is coming...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 September 2017 at 2:34PM
    Options
    I posted Eileenmoon's post onto the main DFW forum.
    Hopefully, they'll find an answer there

Nearly finishing time...
    Weekend is coming...

Thanks.

I will forward to a new thread for them.

Dont usually trawl the diary threads, so missed that one.

Thanks again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    :beer:
    It's FRIDAY YAY :D

Have a great day folks

Planning another bike adventure for this weekend... no idea where yet though ;)

Excellant thats what you want i am back upto 80-120 pw again now boyo is back down south. Going on a mini adventure in a bit
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    I have cracked open a bottle of my "Uncanny Ale" after 2 weeks of bottle conditioning to see what it's like at the minimum recommended period...
    Oh my sweet gods of brewing.... tis absolutely lovely :D
    My gurus of brew are smiling and nodding and saying, "now my son, imagine how good it's going to be after another two weeks, eh?"
    Tests are showing it to be approx. 4.5% abv. It's a little darker than expected for what's supposed to be an amber ale, the taste is gorgeous... smooth, malty, caramel... mmmmm

Our Man wi a van can't transport us into the wilds this weekend unfortunately, so we are going out to play locally, which means we might end up somewhere in Ayrshire :rotfl:

Right, I'm off to watch more Walking Dead - Season 3 folks
    Have a lovely evening
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleased to hear your home brew has been successful. Enjoy :beer:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income