Asda Online non-delivery of milk (again, and again...)

2»

Comments

• It is nasty actually. As a driver myself if there is a cancelled or rejected order then I am the one that has to put the whole order away once back at the store. After an already long day out on the road I then have to work an extra 30 minutes after my finishing time to put your order back on the shelves.
    I did explain to the driver (and apologise) and he was very understanding. He could see there was no way I could get to the shops.
    I also complained to customer services about the whole situation.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    I wrote to the Asda Chief Exec but never got a reply
  • When a supermarket home delivery failed to deliver an item (multiples of this item), I rejected the whole delivery, as with my health problems I could not 'nip out ' and get it myself.
    Nasty? Maybe, but it was on the order to provide substitutes, which should have been possible. A quick phone call would have sorted the situation.

you presume that the milk delivery isn't delayed, that your order isn't picked / packed / sent out before the delivery gets to the shelves, that a refrigerator hasn't gone down and the whole dairy section needing to be binned etc etc

as for substitutions, most people won't accept UHT or milk of a different type.
  • newmover wrote: »
    you presume that the milk delivery isn't delayed, that your order isn't picked / packed / sent out before the delivery gets to the shelves, that a refrigerator hasn't gone down and the whole dairy section needing to be binned etc etc

as for substitutions, most people won't accept UHT or milk of a different type.
    I ticked substitutions AND I put unable to go out, please call if any shortages in the notes box.
    What else could I do ?
    If I had accepted the delivery, there would have been an extra charge for being under £40 and more charges for a second delivery..
    If I had known about the shortage I would have rebooked the whole delivery for when they had stocks in.
    I was cross about the lack of communication, not the lack of stock.
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 November 2018 at 2:18PM
    I keep a good stock of UHT milk because I am also disabled and unable to easily get to the shops. Aside from things like that there's little you can do. I've tried all the delivery companies who service my area, and they're all very similar.

It does boggle the mind a bit how they sometimes can't find a single substitution for such common items.

I think maybe the point Birdman made about the drivers having to put undelivered shopping back might have made me realise why they deliver nothing, rather than something that might be inappropriate - I'm sure they have SOME milk, but if they don't have semi-skimmed for example, they'll just deliver none instead of turning up with some skimmed/whole and saying 'sorry, will this do?' because they don't want the hassle of putting it back if someone says it's not ok.

Edited to add: Maybe if skimmed or whole would do, add that to the note? Sometimes you have to say whats obvious (to you!) to people, as it's not obvious to them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure