Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DanielDeronda
    • By DanielDeronda 8th Nov 18, 5:46 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DanielDeronda
    Advance tickets: dates when on sale
    • 8th Nov 18, 5:46 AM
    Advance tickets: dates when on sale 8th Nov 18 at 5:46 AM
    I'm trying to travel between Reading & Liverpool Lime Street on 19 January 2019, splitting my tickets between Reading-Banbury (Cross Country), Banbury-Birmingham New Street (also Cross Country) & then Birmingham New Street-Liverpool Lime Street (West Midlands & maybe Virgin WC).

I want to get the most accurate dates when advance tickets are available to purchase for my date of travel. I registered with Trainline & they sent me an email but with incorrect info that advance tickets were available for the Bhm to Liverpool leg of my journey.

I can regularly check websites but would prefer to receive an email.

The Cross Country tickets are already available & bought.
Page 1
    • martindow
    • By martindow 8th Nov 18, 11:09 AM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 4,499 Thanks
    martindow
    • 8th Nov 18, 11:09 AM
    • 8th Nov 18, 11:09 AM
    Did you save much splitting the cross-country tickets? I've tried this in the past and have had found minimal savings.
    • JezR
    • By JezR 8th Nov 18, 10:09 PM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 1,102 Thanks
    JezR
    • 8th Nov 18, 10:09 PM
    • 8th Nov 18, 10:09 PM
    National Rail has a page giving the release dates on Advances for all operators here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/44703.aspx

Can't verify how timely it is updated.
    • DanielDeronda
    • By DanielDeronda 14th Nov 18, 7:50 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DanielDeronda
    • 14th Nov 18, 7:50 AM
    • 14th Nov 18, 7:50 AM
    Cheers I've used the National Rail link & also the website for West Midlands Railway. I'll have to keep checking it manually.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

1,517Users online

Martin's Twitter