Npower problem before move house

warnerr88
warnerr88 Posts: 29 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Must say when I do move house I won't be using NPower for my energy supplier that's for sure.

When we moved into the house back in Jan 2016, we were told Eon supplied our electric and gas so we opened up an account with them and set up a direct debit which was going fine but we occasionally got letters from NPower asking for meter readings in the old tenants name which we thought was a bit strange. Contacted NPower and said he no longer lives here and that it was Eon who supplied us, after a bit of digging as we have an old meter we were told got 2 MPANS and that EON owned one and NPower owned the other, not sure how this happened must be with how the previous tenants switched from NPower to EON. We contacted EON who said they would do an erroneous transfer and then request both MPANS back from NPower. This was done in May last year.

Set up an account with NPower, then got EON to arrange the switch back but after several tries and months they said because of the meter it would not work, thought fine as we were going to start looking at houses thought stick with NPower, gave latest meter readings in November last year, which produced a big bill which was more then the electricity we have used in what was nearly two years. Raised a complaint with them, provided my starting meter readings which managed to get off EON (who refunded me my money). They got the correct meter readings on the account which produced a bill which I thought was correct, went to pay it but then the bill disappeared off my account. After chasing this up turns out my account was put on a special lock so no bills could be produced, took months for it to finally issue my bill. This was paid in February of this year, they had an engineer come out and take meter readings which produced another bill which I paid and my account is all up to date.

Thought all was well, account up-to-date however end of last week I thought i'd try log in to my online NPower account to check when my next bill was due as we are in the process of moving house and wanted to check the process of informing them I would be moving house. Try and log in and says my details were wrong (which i know were correct) so try to use the forget password link and this just brings up saying my online account not working with an error message. Spoke to two people on live chat, one was very unhelpful saying it was nothing their end and that my account was fine, other said they would refresh my account and should be able to log in which didn't work.

Spoke on the phone with somebody last night to give my latest meter readings, and said to put me through to somebody who could sort my online account issue only to be told I have an online account but there system says I don't have an account with them?? Said it could be related to my previous complaint but don't know how my account can just disappear off the system? Now the complaint has been re-opened and I expect this to drag out to when I move house :mad::mad:

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    warnerr88 wrote: »
    Must say when I do move house I won't be using NPower for my energy supplier that's for sure.

When we moved into the house back in Jan 2016, we were told Eon supplied our electric and gas so we opened up an account with them and set up a direct debit which was going fine but we occasionally got letters from NPower asking for meter readings in the old tenants name which we thought was a bit strange. Contacted NPower and said he no longer lives here and that it was Eon who supplied us, after a bit of digging as we have an old meter we were told got 2 MPANS and that EON owned one and NPower owned the other, not sure how this happened must be with how the previous tenants switched from NPower to EON. We contacted EON who said they would do an erroneous transfer and then request both MPANS back from NPower. This was done in May last year.

Set up an account with NPower, then got EON to arrange the switch back but after several tries and months they said because of the meter it would not work, thought fine as we were going to start looking at houses thought stick with NPower, gave latest meter readings in November last year, which produced a big bill which was more then the electricity we have used in what was nearly two years. Raised a complaint with them, provided my starting meter readings which managed to get off EON (who refunded me my money). They got the correct meter readings on the account which produced a bill which I thought was correct, went to pay it but then the bill disappeared off my account. After chasing this up turns out my account was put on a special lock so no bills could be produced, took months for it to finally issue my bill. This was paid in February of this year, they had an engineer come out and take meter readings which produced another bill which I paid and my account is all up to date.

Thought all was well, account up-to-date however end of last week I thought i'd try log in to my online NPower account to check when my next bill was due as we are in the process of moving house and wanted to check the process of informing them I would be moving house. Try and log in and says my details were wrong (which i know were correct) so try to use the forget password link and this just brings up saying my online account not working with an error message. Spoke to two people on live chat, one was very unhelpful saying it was nothing their end and that my account was fine, other said they would refresh my account and should be able to log in which didn't work.

Spoke on the phone with somebody last night to give my latest meter readings, and said to put me through to somebody who could sort my online account issue only to be told I have an online account but there system says I don't have an account with them?? Said it could be related to my previous complaint but don't know how my account can just disappear off the system? Now the complaint has been re-opened and I expect this to drag out to when I move house :mad::mad:

Hello warnerr88

Thank you for your post.

Please can you email your account number or address to the address shown in our signature? We'd like to investigate this further with you.

Thanks

Beth :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • warnerr88
    warnerr88 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi Beth.

Thanks for the reply, I have just sent an e-mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure