my financial stuff for scrutiny :-)

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Have you tried Asda for baby wipes and nappies? The Asda George nappies are easily as good as Pampers if not better and Asda's own wipes and even the Pampers wipes can be bought in multi packs which give quite a decent saving.

I also stock up on wipes whenever I see a BOGOF deal.

When you transfer to pull ups Wilkinson sell Huggies pull ups for £3.99 a pack which is about £2 cheaper than normal.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • moggins wrote:
    Have you tried Asda for baby wipes and nappies? The Asda George nappies are easily as good as Pampers if not better and Asda's own wipes and even the Pampers wipes can be bought in multi packs which give quite a decent saving.

I also stock up on wipes whenever I see a BOGOF deal.

When you transfer to pull ups Wilkinson sell Huggies pull ups for £3.99 a pack which is about £2 cheaper than normal.

we don't have an Asda, but I do occasionally get to Wilkinsons. I currently get tescos wipes and always buy on BOGOF !!! I hate paying full price for them :-))
    Official DFW Nerd #148 :D
    Debt level @ highest (May 2004): £15000 :eek: Debt level @ August 2006: £9591.53
    Lightbulb moment May 2006 :idea:
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    moggins wrote:

I didn't use pull ups as I thought they were too expensive for what they were.

To encourage potty training I followed a tip given to me by a relative. Put them in cheap, uncomfortable nappies once they hit 2 and take them out at night at the same time as day. I tried this and after 2 days my daughter wanted out of the nappies as they kept falling down. She was then dry day and night no problem. To give her confidence about sleeping without a nappy I let her wear it for an afternoon nap and then took it off her while sleeping. She was so pleased when she woke up and was dry. Never looked back. Loads of family and friends have tried the same method with huge success.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • stuwilky is right about the phone calls. if you sign up to 18866.com and register with them, most landline calls cost 1p regardless of time spent talking. Mobiles are 12p and 0845 numbers are 4p. You could always log onto https://www.saynoto0879.com/search.php and then type in the company your trying to reach. A landline number usually comes up and you pay even less then. Good luck and congrats for facing your debts.
  • Why not get another credit card, one with 0% finance and use the money to pay off your catalogue??? you will then save x amount as you dont pay interest.
    --- Fat club weight loss -- Started 10th April 2015
    Update: 28.4.15 - 8lbs
  • Phil_rich wrote:
    Why not get another credit card, one with 0% finance and use the money to pay off your catalogue??? you will then save x amount as you dont pay interest.

we can't get another, we've tried. Only people willing to give them are capital one at 29.9% coz of credit record (defaults).
    Official DFW Nerd #148 :D
    Debt level @ highest (May 2004): £15000 :eek: Debt level @ August 2006: £9591.53
    Lightbulb moment May 2006 :idea:
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Poppy thanks for the potty training tip, the only reason I use pull ups is because my little girl is 3 and still refuses to be completely toilet trained. I have thought I had tried everything but will be giving your suggestion a shot :D

• Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Moggins

I think todays nappies are so good that the kids are so comfie there is no reason for them to be inconveniced (hee hee) by using the loo. No doubt years ago when they had a sodden wet towel hanging they ditched as soon as possible. Got my cheap nappies from Poundstretcher - never got through the packet.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • beckie
    beckie Posts: 419 Forumite
    here are a few ideas to make a bit extra!

Have you thought about selling all your unwanted stuff on Ebay, Loot type sites, local paper, etc. Great way to declutter & make extra cash!

have you seen this site? You sell your old or unwanted books for £3 each at Green Metropolis. Registration is free and there are no listing fees! You just enter the ISBN number of the book you want to sell. The site sells all books for £3.75 with the proceeds going to the Woodlands Trust. Your earnings will be paid directly into your bank account.

http://www.greenmetropolis.com/howitworks.asp

Also, there's lots more ideas in my signature link, if you want interested. ;)

good luck x
  • moggins
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Poundstretcher here I come LOL :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing