Everything & Anything New York City

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,102
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all

I know i ask this everytime i go, but has anyone found anywhere that does free cash withdrawals. TD bank used to. No longer. PNC used to... no longer. I tend to get money out of HSBC as they charge the least amount to do this.

Is there a new secret i may have missed?

I have been trying to get this all my life:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    sorry do not know the answer,we used the Halifax Clarity card when we went and paid it off when we got home,enjoy your trip.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    jayencee wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed at the Westin grand central hotel? Would it be suitable for a family with three teens in September?
    not grand central but stayed in the westin times square . top hotel above e-walks and opposite port authority bus station . good brand
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • queengoth
    queengoth Posts: 135 Forumite
    I will be going to NY in 6 weeks now, are there any of the antique/collectables malls that are open midweek ? Our Weekends already booked up, my idea of great shopping is browsing junk shops and my hubby has asked for something New York cab related as a prezie. I collect old coke stuff so will be looking for that kind of thing ?
    Shady pines ma, shady pines
  • MiraculousM
    MiraculousM Posts: 323
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks Ganga.

TD bank used to do it and then stopped the year before last. I would go to Pennsylvania and PNC would do it for free but now that has stopped too. Massively annoying.
  • Hi can anyone suggest a reliable private transfer from JFK to new jersey please?
  • ianh1956
    ianh1956 Posts: 46 Forumite
    I would recommend the water taxis to get round Manhattan, $31 for the day and you get a tour guide thrown in!
  • factor29
    factor29 Posts: 202
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm currently keeping an eye on prices for April, mainly with British Airways as they are best priced/best flight times.

Looking at the new york edition hotel, which hotel booking sites list at 250-300 per night.

BA package is just over 1000 each for 4 nights. This includes a '4 nights for the price of 3' offer and their current early booking discount.

Does anyone have any experience of whether this price is likely to come down or only go up?

I am hoping for aer lingus flights to come up for outbound journey on the dates I'm wanting to fly as similar prices through BA with are lingus are £100 cheaper but not sure if this is going to happen.

Any advice appreciated!
  • Julzed
    Julzed Posts: 119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello All,

I’m hoping some of you lovely lot will be able to tell me your tales (good and bad) of being in Times Square on New Year’s Eve please. Any tips, tricks or pretty much any information will be gratefully received. Many thanks. :beer:
    Tara the Jack Russell, gone to the bridge 5 February 2014. :( Welcomed Toby & Tilly the Labrador-Daschund crossbreeds from Serbia 24 April 2014. Thank you to Serbia's Forgotten Paws for them :)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Any advice on airlines? Who gives the best "bang per buck"? I know is subjective but I like opinions.

I've flown B.A and wasn't impressed. The seats were cramped and the in flight entertainment system was primitive to the point of being useless.

American Airlines on the other hand had comfortable seats and a modern entertainment system that made watching a film almost enjoyable.

Next time I go I wouldn't mind the best comfort at a realistic price so opinions would be welcome.

If it helps I would be flying from Manchester.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Julzed wrote: »
    Hello All,

I’m hoping some of you lovely lot will be able to tell me your tales (good and bad) of being in Times Square on New Year’s Eve please. Any tips, tricks or pretty much any information will be gratefully received. Many thanks. :beer:

It can be extremely cold. Sydney hosts one of the best NYE.
    NYC is perfect in Spring/ Autumn.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure