All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2018 at 5:57AM
    Spent half an hour sorting out the finances - it's not pay day until Monday and this month has somehow been an expensive one :(
    I'll have to be careful this weekend and not go mad or I'll end up overdrawn for the first time in ages. Must do better next month....
    Will do a full budget when I get paid - there's nothing big on next month (birthdays, anniversaries etc) so hopefully I'll get a grip again. I haven't touched the savings or used the credit card so it's not all bad - just need to remember it's not a bottomless pit!

Changed my hair appointment to next weekend, taken some chicken out of the freezer for tomorrow, had a nice long bath and watched Paul O Grady dogs (love that programme) and OH rang for a short while but he didn't really have anything to say so it was one sided and quite hard work. I've not committed to anything with him this weekend , will wait to see what his mood is like and whether he suggests anything. I can amuse myself if necessary.
    I'm working on Saturday morning (as always), have running club on Sunday morning and there's a fun dog show in the local park on Sunday afternoon that I'll go to for an hour or two so there's things to look forward to that won't cost much. ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Morning all, slept a bit better last night and woke up at 5am feeling ready for the day. Have walked the dog and sorted both of our medications and got things ready for work. Even the dog seems a bit brighter this morning :)

I looked at jobs last night and a new one has cropped up very close to home - will definitely apply for that one even though it's not exactly what I'd like but would be a good school with an almost non existent commute. I'll need to work hard on selling myself....

Anyway, today on paper isn't too bad - only teaching 2 lessons and I think just one meeting so if things go to plan I can leave at 3.30. I try not to stay late on a Friday as I work every Saturday morning - they have plenty of my time!!
    Need to do a run this afternoon - haven't been since Tuesday, looking at the forecast it'll be a wet one....

Right, shower time......
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 28 April 2018 at 1:58PM
    Hello all! It's Saturday and I've been to work with the year 11 students for the morning - all really positive :)
    Came home, took the dog to the park and then cleaned downstairs - hoovered and dusted, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the dog bowls, cleaned the wooden floors and sorted the bins and recycling. Nice and tidy now.

I need to go for a run this afternoon as I haven't been since Tuesday and feel lazy - don't want to let it slip. It's running club tomorrow morning too so need the practice ;)

Last night was a strange one - I didn't contact OH just to see if he'd eventually make the effort, which he did. But, I felt tired and a bit sick ( new tablets showing up with their side effects - will hopefully settle down) so I suggested he come to me instead of me going to him - as anticipated he didn't.....
    So I spent the evening watching TV, walking the dog and generally pottering around. Fine by me. Quite proud of myself for not pandering to him. Daft isn't it?
    He then texted later on to tell me that the external impartial headteacher that was on my interview panel for the job that I was not given (grrr....) had contacted him to ask if he could approach me for a potential job in his school!!!! What a turn up! He did meet with me privately after the interviews to tell me he was uncomfortable with the selection process and to not blame myself and that if he ever had anything going I'd be his choice but I didn't think he was serious, just being nice. Seems he's true to his word! He's asked if I can visit his school in the very near future to have a look around and have a discussion. Don't quite know what to make of it - seems too good to be true after my rubbish few months so not getting my hopes up but you never know..... I'll try to get there this week for a fact finding mission.....maybe things are looking up!?
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    That is lovely feedback mumblingtaff, you should be proud of that even if it doesn't turn into the right role. Hoping its a good option for you :)
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    WOW! ..... makes you wonder what it was about the selection process that he thought was wrong as he obviously thought that you should have been given the post. :mad: Plus it's a marvellous feeling to be head hunted! :D Fingers crossed that it's what you're looking for.

The possible symptoms from your medication sound awful. Hope you're feeling a bit better and that they soon settle down.

Definitely agree that you don't need to pander to OH. TBH he sounds very selfish, but if YOU'RE getting what you want out of the relationship then all is well.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit sick MT, hopefully the side effects of the meds will wear off soon.

Great news about the other headteacher! Really sounds positive, I definitely think things are on the up for you.

Really glad you’re not pandering to OH too. I know it’s hard as I’ve been in similar situations too, but you’re doing so well with it all and you really are building your own life without the negativity he brings at times. Keep it up girl! X
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 29 April 2018 at 12:25PM
    Well, it's been the weirdest couple of days....
    OH invited me to dinner, cooked a 3 course meal and actually talked about important things! He's been struggling with my job situation as its not his fault I didn't get the job (he wanted to give it to be but was overruled) and the thought of me leaving and being powerless to stop it. He's equated it to me leaving him too and, as a typical man, has sulked, retreated and been stroppy. That doesn't excuse his actions but it does explain them - he's not a big talker about emotional things so that's a real breakthrough for him.
    He's actively encouraged the other head teacher to give me a job as he feels guilty about the whole thing - it means that a key person from his team would leave but he seems resigned to it and wants to help me. Wonders will never cease....
    Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up too much but the last couple of days have been a whirlwind to say the least....

Was up early this morning, out of bed by 6am due to feeling a bit sick (it seems worse in the morning, perhaps because my stomach is empty?) so came home, had a bath, walked the dog and am about to set off for running club. Feeling a bit tired and achey but the fresh air will do me good.

Lots of little jobs to do today .....
    1. Running club - done, my best run yet!
    2. Hoover and dust upstairs - done
    3. 2 loads of washing - one done, second one in now
    4. Clean the car
    5. One more job application - checked closing dates, nothing urgent so decided to have a day off job hunting
    6. Two hours of school work - done all the essentials
    7. Go for a stroll round the park with the dog to have a look at the dog show
    8. Cut the front lawn if it stays dry - done
    9. Pick up some groceries- done

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now....
    Better start off with running club now....
  • mumblingtaff
    Very proud of myself.... Did my best run yet this morning! Who'd have thought it - felt a bit yukky before I went but the sun, other people and forcing myself to go faster and further helped beat my previous record :)
    Well chuffed! I'm no Mo Farah but it actually felt good today! Perhaps I'm turning a corner and starting to enjoy it.....

Picked up some groceries at the Coop on the way back, just essential fresh stuff with a minimal spend.
    Going to finish the housework and put some washing on then maybe cut the grass if it's dry enough. Then it's time for a little bit of work - just the bare necessary today though - it's my day off ;)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Poor you about the side effects? Do they wear off, do you know? I do hope so.
    And I'm glad that OH has finally come clean so to speak, but it does seem so silly to waste time sulking. DH can do the same though as we've been together something like 28 years I now just call him on it and we usually can work it out.
    Thrilled about the job prospect - I hope it's something absolutely brilliant.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£335.00 (67%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£065.00 (14%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    Just a quick update....
    Spent the afternoon and early evening with OH - it felt like old times..... Maybe we're finally getting somewhere...

The headteacher emailed me today asking me to visit on Tuesday to "discuss possibilities" and wants to do it sooner rather than later. :)
    We'll see what happens - a bit scary and all a bit real now... But all good, fingers crossed it's what I need

Going to watch an hour if telly then have an early night - this week may be a big one....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure