Fortnite - free game

Is anyone else playing Fortnite? It's free to play (if you only play the multiplayer) but there are in game purchases. I tried it yesterday and had an absolute blast! It's on PC, Xbox, Playstation and Mobile.
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

• atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,438
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    showing £32.99 on my ps store
    so how did u get it free?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    showing £32.99 on my ps store
    so how did u get it free?

Can you buy games via the Playstation website as its showing as free for me ?
  • artyclarty
    artyclarty Posts: 216
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    There are two Fortnite games.
    "Save the World" is the one that costs money
    "Battle Royale" is free to play
  • Yep, I was refering to Battle Royale.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • s0mojo
    s0mojo Posts: 10
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd play BR if I had more friends who were willing to, so just purchased the PvE Save the World so I can play at my own pace
  • kimcros
    kimcros Posts: 8 Forumite
    I have xbox 360 and after logging in to xbox live there are many free games or demo versions
  • PatBS
    PatBS Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2018 at 3:18PM
    Playing it currently on PS4 and it's amazing. Won my first game a couple of weeks ago and I'm in love. I want to play Fortnite on my laptop but it seems to run like crap on that.
  • atlantis187
    atlantis187 Posts: 1,438
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    guys please help
    I have 2 sub accounts for my sons who are both 10 and 8 and when they try to play it says summat about the age limit is there anyway around this because so far I have been letting them play just on my account and I don't really feel comfortable doing this.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Hi, what do you mean you have sub accounts? Accounts for what?
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,344
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    atlantis - the idea of having sub accounts, particularly for kids, is so that they can't access age restricted content based on their age. Far as I know Fortnite has a pegi rating of 12+, so unless your kids are 12 years old or more, then it won't let them play it. Their account will have their date of birth in it - they either need to get a bit older, or use your account, or maybe create another sub account for kids fortnite playing. Bear in mind that it has in game purchases - they aren't needed to play the BR game, but you can buy appearances/outfit type stuff i.e. make sure you have some control over your payment method so they can't spend accidentally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure