Any PS5 rumours?

124»

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    motorguy wrote: »
    Its such a shame that you only seem to view things subjectively and negatively rather than looking at it objectively and perhaps even at how it can work for you and in your favour.

With change there are opportunities, personally i look for the opportunities and how i can make the change work for me.

I just want a physical copy and dont want to pay full rrp.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    motorguy wrote: »
    Whilst i'm more of an XBox user there are very often sales on PSN and sales on other sites supplying download codes, just like there are for XBox Live.

You only have to look at the likes of Steam and CDKeys as examples of how it could / will move.

If they allow third party downloads that may help the pricing issue. Yes you do get offers but generally its not as good as physical shops.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just want a physical copy and dont want to pay full rrp.

No-one other than you, is suggesting you would have to.
  • motorguy
    If they allow third party downloads that may help the pricing issue. Yes you do get offers but generally its not as good as physical shops.

They do already. As i've repeatedly said, there are many other sites offering third party codes (which can then be redeemed in PSN) at discounted prices. This functionality has been been available for many years.
  • AG47
    AG47 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Ps4 pro is still kicking !!!

No sign of any details of ps5 and psvr2 until next year, with launch not until 2020
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
  • motorguy
    AG47 wrote: »
    Ps4 pro is still kicking !!!

No sign of any details of ps5 and psvr2 until next year, with launch not until 2020

I dont think SONY are in any rush.
  • I'm afraid that PS4 is the last bench of the evolution of PlayStation at the moment... I definitely haven't heard even rumors about PlayStation 5. I use PlayStation app to view the latest news of the game industry but there was nothing about a new console release there. If somebody offered me to bet some money on when the new PS will appear, I'd say that not earlier than 2025.
  • motorguy
    BoommBD wrote: »
    I'm afraid that PS4 is the last bench of the evolution of PlayStation at the moment... I definitely haven't heard even rumors about PlayStation 5. I use PlayStation app to view the latest news of the game industry but there was nothing about a new console release there. If somebody offered me to bet some money on when the new PS will appear, I'd say that not earlier than 2025.

Plenty of rumours about of a PS5 for around 2020.

Not a pups chance that it is 7 years away.

Far too big an arms race between them and Microsoft to take their eye off the ball for that length of time.

EDIT - with a quick google...

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/gaming/consoles/ps5-release-date-news-and-features-1213409
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure