Northern Bank

Just wondering does anyone know if this is right

I've asked Northern Bank for my statements for 6 yrs (for bank charges) and they are telling me they will get me the 1st 2 yrs for £10 and will then charge me £6 per sheet after that, is this right or is it not £10 for the whole lot under the data protection act

TIA
Cath

Comments

• bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Call the Information Commissioner's office in Belfast. Their advice line will give you the correct answer. 028 9051 1270
  • Emms
    Emms Posts: 956 Forumite
    A statement request and a request under Data Protection are different things. The bank will have set charges for copies of statements and im sure it will be in the terms and conditions somewhere. If you request everything about you under Data Protection then the Data Protection charges will apply but you wont receive the information in statement format.

Emma :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I believe they apply an admin charge for copies because in their eyes they have already provided you with the statements and it was up to you to keep them in a safe place.
  • big_aid
    big_aid Posts: 17 Forumite
    go to https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

click on forums and read the FAQ

loads of advice from people who are trying the same thing
    in the forum titled other institutions you will find people from NI giving a step by step account of their bank dealings
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Kyx said:
    System said:
    I believe they apply an admin charge for copies because in their eyes they have already provided you with the statements and it was up to you to keep them in a safe place.
    Feelings cool, huh?  B)
    2006 thread revival.   Was it really necessary for you to post that after 14 years?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback