Help me understand my bill

Hi all,

I'm with eon energy for both gas and electric. I pay by direct debit £65 every month.
now when I log into the app its showing a balance of £132 and to make a payment.

I just added my meter readings and got a message, Your current balance is: £240
does this mean I've gone over?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,091 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ragnar09 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm with eon energy for both gas and electric. I pay by direct debit £65 every month.
    now when I log into the app its showing a balance of £132 and to make a payment.

Welcome to the forum. Gone over what? Your monthly DD payment will have been based on 1/12 of your projected annual cost which in your case is £780 per year. The balance will vary over the 12 months. During the Winter, I was spending £50 or so a month on gas. Now that the CH is turned off, I am spending about £15 a month.

If the credit balance of £240 is a CREDIT rather than a DEBIT balance, then it is likely that your monthly DD payment is set at too high a level. Conversely, if the balance is a debit then your monthly DD may need to be increased. I say may as a debit balance should fall month on month as we move into the summer months.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ragnar09 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hello Ragnar09 and welcome to the Forums.

The message you originally saw of a balance of £132 would be the amount at the last bill. I suspect the account had entered our billing window (open 14 days either side of the next bill date for quarterly customers) and, once you entered meter readings, a bill was automatically produced giving an up to date balance of £240.

As Hengus says, it depends on whether the balance is credit or debit, as to the actions I'd recommend you take. For a fuller picture, it's best to log in to your account using a desktop computer. You'll have more options than with our app. This includes using the Direct Debit Manager to adjust payments to better reflect current circumstances.

With this tool, provided accounts are billed up to date, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down. By up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll advise by how much we think accounts will be in credit/debit by the annual review if payments are changed but usage doesn't alter as expected.

Hope this helps Ragnar09. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure