PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 September 2018 at 11:12PM
    I wonder if baked donuts are vegan. VfM do you know please?
    I confess - I bought the tray for mini-bundts, largely so my niece could play around with decorative optionswithout making her auntie fat in the process :D. Her mum is not a very OS person so I tend to do the practical / nature / fun stuff with her. This afternoon I had her pressing a sunflower between books, and deflowering some dried lavender. She was delighted when I told her that her little fingers were doing a mighty fine job :T

Back to the point, it could easily do doughnuts, try this vegan recipe and let me know how it turns out please?

ETA: the items I bought for my niece last week look lovely on her, and my sister has helped herself to one of my chazzer finds from the previous week.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 September 2018 at 4:39PM
    Bought a Great British Bake Off cook book for £4.00 when we stopped off in Andover, on our way home from Devon.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • If -anyone- is baking Gugelhupf, I have a panel of informed and determined testers available & will contribute to postage.

The kindly ones routed that tin well away from me and my waist, budget & medical team thank you, while my sons are looking mournful, deprived & (in one, worrying case) pensive. Since he can conjure a sponge to delight even his grandmother let along the Macmillan coffee morning crew [MIL actually a very tough judge], I may just locate a few more Gugelhupf recipes & hunker down.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Had a trip to Harrogate yesterday and found time to wander down the street with all the charity shops. Got a Jaegar, BNWT cream pawsh version of a scoop necked, bracelet length sleeved t shirt. Lovely quality and priced at £3.50. Still had the original price tag of £45 on it :eek:

(Sorry O/T) Also called into TkMaxx and was surprised at the amount of 'higher end' designer items. Karen Millen clothing, Radley bags, Jaegar coats for e.g. Didn't buy anything but parked outside was a huge truck offloading loads of new stock too so I might just have to go back and have another look soon.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Book a Great British Bake Off cook book for £4.00 when we stopped off in Andover, on our way home from Devon.
    I don't consider this to be a bargain. I popped into my local BHF earlier and found 4 books that I wanted, 3 of which I doubt I'll see in a chazzer anytime soon, but have P'Inned in hope - at £2 each. That's just too much to pay when there are other places within my radius I can get 4 for £1. BHF has also got some new designs of trolley token key rings in stock. Interestingly they are priced £1.50 - so again I declined to purchase. But I did find a heavy duty chrome wire cutlery tray with silicone at £2 which was a good but (can't find any pics online though).

The new Barnardos next door to it is undergoing essential maintenance so was closed - that's the second time I've noticed this in 3 weeks.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I confess - I bought the tray for mini-bundts, largely so my niece could play around with decorative optionswithout making her auntie fat in the process :D. Her mum is not a very OS person so I tend to do the practical / nature / fun stuff with her. This afternoon I had her pressing a sunflower between books, and deflowering some dried lavender. She was delighted when I told her that her little fingers were doing a mighty fine job :T

Back to the point, it could easily do doughnuts, try this vegan recipe and let me know how it turns out please?

ETA: the items I bought for my niece last week look lovely on her, and my sister has helped herself to one of my chazzer finds from the previous week.
    Aww you're a fab Aunty :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Picked up a few bargains this week, including three Now CD albums, Now 18, 19 and 21 for £1 for the three
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I don't consider this to be a bargain. I popped into my local BHF earlier and found 4 books that I wanted, 3 of which I doubt I'll see in a chazzer anytime soon, but have P'Inned in hope - at £2 each. That's just too much to pay when there are other places within my radius I can get 4 for £1. BHF has also got some new designs of trolley token key rings in stock. Interestingly they are priced £1.50 - so again I declined to purchase. But I did find a heavy duty chrome wire cutlery tray with silicone at £2 which was a good but (can't find any pics online though).

The new Barnardos next door to it is undergoing essential maintenance so was closed - that's the second time I've noticed this in 3 weeks.

I know the book isn't bargainof the century but a) it was a book that I wanted b) it is much cheaper than the original price c) it was in excellent condition.
    I will often refuse to buy novels because they are priced too high but with non-fiction books I apply different criteria.
    :)
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • £1 outlet mini haul, another M&S easy care shirt for DH's work collection (we only iron dress shirts in this house....) and two geeky tops for DSS, who is 12 tomorrow and now wearing small-medium men's clothing as he's over DH shoulder height and he's 6ft :eek:

One long sleeved with Minecraft graphics and the other a black t-shirt with 'The Flash' logo from DC comics, DSS impressed with this one referring to it as an 'Evil Sheldon' t-shirt (Big Bang Theory reference....).
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761

• I will have to report back in due course, thank you!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family