Robin Hood Energy or EBICO

13»

Comments

• RandomQ
    RandomQ Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes you can bet they want you on direct debit so they can use their computer to anticipate your usage and get you into a credit agreement.

Energy companies like to take your current bill and spread it over DD, don't do it, stay as you are, as you say life is simple.

Looking at the Electricity rate you are paying it is about average but your gas rate seems high, I know we are in middle of several increasing their rates
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ilona wrote: »
    I don't mind losing out on the £4 or the £23, if it means I have a quiet life. I
    Ilona

My feelings exactly. Even if a few pounds cheaper these payment methods don't interest me. I feel sorry for high users, families mainly, who must chase every discount they can. As a low user life is so much simpler. Long may it continue.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • RandomQ
    RandomQ Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Darren have you seen the latest increases, even low users such as us are being hit for £110 to £150 by rate increases and standing charge being reintroduced or hiked up.

Of course OFGEM does NOTHING

It is time for the promised cap and at the same time the abolition of Stardard Charges and any other charges.

We should simply pay for the energy and the Cap should be set at 0.10p for Electricity and 0.02p for Gas

Then we would know we were not being hit for the cost of smart meters and tariffs would be transparent.

If an Energy company wanted to lower rate further they could and they could offer cash back but that cap should be set in stone, no get out due to wholesale prices (which they manipulate to suit their agenda).

Consider that Centrica British Gas could afford to give all of it's customers energy for FREE and still make £1.5 BILLION

The only way we are going to get real competition is to have a simple measure, no charge if you do not use direct debit, do not sign up for smart meter, or whatever, a clear price of 0.10p and 0.02p for electicity and gas, respectively. All other charges banned, if you can't compete get out of the kitchen or merge with a smaller competitor.

We also need to STOP the merger between nPower, SSE and EON, this will be a disaster for consumers, firstly from a competition point of view (as we have seen in mobile and broadband) but also for customer service and the market as a whole. The CMA should not allow it, they should be encouraging the smaller players to merge to create more competition against the big six.
  • RandomQ wrote: »
    Darren have you seen the latest increases, even low users such as us are being hit for £110 to £150 by rate increases and standing charge being reintroduced or hiked up.

Of course OFGEM does NOTHING

It is time for the promised cap and at the same time the abolition of Stardard Charges and any other charges.

We should simply pay for the energy and the Cap should be set at 0.10p for Electricity and 0.02p for Gas

Then we would know we were not being hit for the cost of smart meters and tariffs would be transparent.

If an Energy company wanted to lower rate further they could and they could offer cash back but that cap should be set in stone, no get out due to wholesale prices (which they manipulate to suit their agenda).

Consider that Centrica British Gas could afford to give all of it's customers energy for FREE and still make £1.5 BILLION

The only way we are going to get real competition is to have a simple measure, no charge if you do not use direct debit, do not sign up for smart meter, or whatever, a clear price of 0.10p and 0.02p for electicity and gas, respectively. All other charges banned, if you can't compete get out of the kitchen or merge with a smaller competitor.

We also need to STOP the merger between nPower, SSE and EON, this will be a disaster for consumers, firstly from a competition point of view (as we have seen in mobile and broadband) but also for customer service and the market as a whole. The CMA should not allow it, they should be encouraging the smaller players to merge to create more competition against the big six.

So much nonsense !

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family