IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Attendance notice

Options

Comments

• Herbie21
    Herbie21 Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    UKCPS are in the IPC

Yes, I know they are and they too are aware of this matter.
  • Neezac16
    Neezac16 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    iv been asked to post on this thread as im in a similar situation.
    basically a so called baliff turned up at my home in leeds on sunday night saying it was due to an unpaid fine to ukcps from jan 2016. i refused to speak to him and he left. after being directed to this thread from my own im no longer panicking as i think its scammers trying their luck. im willing to put in joint complaints with others affected if needed. if he turns up again i will get his name and reg...i wish id done so on sunday but i was home alone with a 2 year old and just panicked!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @Neezac16 - you're in safe hands here. Don't be intimidated by this guy, and especially do not pay him anything. I guess his days doing this stuff are numbered!

This is a nice change from the Groundhog Day treadmill were always on every day.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2018 at 9:10PM
    Options
    I suggested on Neezac16's thread that you three make a joint complaint to Leeds Police in person with your evidence, including the recorded phone call when he said: ''I am a bailiff but I wasn't yesterday'' (and he won't be in the future, at this rate!).

And a joint complaint to Leeds Trading Standards. Don't be fobbed off like the CAB did to the OP. Make no mistake this conduct is misleading and impersonating a bailiff is illegal and UK-CPS (or whichever PPC is behind it) remain responsible for the actions of their 'agent'.

Popcorn ordered in large quantities for this forum! Much more interesting than most threads and we will really make a difference if heads roll at the IPC as a result (fingers crossed).

:D

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS AN 'ATTENDANCE NOTICE' FROM UK-CPS OR ANY OTHER FIRM, THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS RED ONE IN THE PICTURE, DO NOT PAY, READ THIS THREAD.

Herbie21 wrote: »
    You and I have exchanged emails today.
    Was your email exchange with the OP, Tomtwig, or with maffb7 the second victim (Neezac16 being the third victim).

Well done on your positive action so far. It is good to know that the DVLA, the IPC and the BPA know about this guy. What can't be allowed to happen is that the parking firm are let off, this is serious data abuse to allow it to be used this way, and ignorance is no excuse.

I hope Trading Standards Leeds grow a pair and finally deal with this parasite firm they must have a complaint file about already.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I got my parking ticket in crossgates LS15 about 3 years ago.
    Where did you get your ticket?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    maffb7 wrote: »
    I got my parking ticket in crossgates LS15 about 3 years ago.
    From which parking company? Precise name/acronym if you could please.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Did all three of you have a UKCPS 'PCN'? Does their reference match the Red notice?
  • Neezac16
    Neezac16 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    mine was in crossgates leeds in jan 2016.mine was ukcps.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would be interesting to see if the landowner of the car parks could be found to have some liability in all of this
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 3 May 2018 at 9:53PM
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about. I suggest that UKCPS do! :D

Loving this joint thread all about this scam, and Herbie21's direct action so far...she has made the DVLA, IPC and BPA aware.

You three should follow her wording and make the Police, your MP and Trading Standards aware of the issue and not be fobbed off. You need to say the right things, and Herbie21 can probably help you with that. The OP even has a recorded phone call where the pseudo bailiff seems to have incriminated himself.

And UKCPS remain liable for his actions...

...IF INDEED UKCPS ARE BEHIND THIS...AS IT APPEARS FROM WHAT'S BEEN REPORTED.

You could not make this stuff up, it is gold, and we hope swift action is taken!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure