Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    I had to pop out and pick up a prescription this evening, popped into Asda for some potatoes and may have ended up with 36 mullers, 30 bakery muffins, 12 giant cookies, 15 donuts, 8 pain chocolate, and some Danish pastries and a few dozen rolls and a chicken spent £12 ish and got £11.40 back.:j:j
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Has anyone holidayed in Morroco? I might be going on another holiday with DD2 this year but she doesn't want to go back to Turkey even though I do. :(

Not sure about being 2 lone females...

Also looking at Mexico, Greek Islands, Bulgaria and Croatia. We want to go AI as do not want hassle of managing money while on holiday, do enough of that the rest of the year. ;)
    I love the Greek Islands, but would never do them AI, You meet peeps and get more for your spend when you stay Sc or b&b
  • pippo
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Are many people bothering with the £10 off Amazon code wys £50

I’m trying really hard to think of something we need:rotfl:

Any recommendations anyone?
    Sorry, can't help, I've no idea either!
  • pippo
    Yes, but it's a while ago....:eek:

I went to Agadir with a female friend in 2004 to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Brilliant time, camel-riding one day, and another day we did an evening trip into the desert to see a Berber village, with sunset, traditional tagine supper and drumming and dancing, rest of the time was souk, hotel pool, beach, shopping, massage etc. And lots of food.

Ate out every evening, intending to try different venues but inevitably we found a favourite early on, and at the end of every meal they presented a red rose to each of us. Hotel had nightly entertainment, quite a variety, juggling, traditional singers etc, followed by disco, and the waiters were very polite and friendly, always made time for a chat.

Taxis were cheap and we had no problems. Apart from the night we locked ourselves out of the room, we had gone to sit outside in pjs and the door slammed shut in a breeze, so yours truly had to wander through the disco dressed in my best Victorias Secret, looking for staff. Then we had to wait while they got ladders to send someone in through the window as the key was inside the lock...

And there was a guy we met in the souk, but that's another story...

All good fun. :D

We made a point of dressing respectfully to go out, long summer skirts/trousers, but hotel was very relaxed.

So sorry but couldn't help but think of camel toes!!
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Has anyone holidayed in Morroco? I might be going on another holiday with DD2 this year but she doesn't want to go back to Turkey even though I do. :(

Not sure about being 2 lone females...

Also looking at Mexico, Greek Islands, Bulgaria and Croatia. We want to go AI as do not want hassle of managing money while on holiday, do enough of that the rest of the year. ;)

The greek islands are amazing, north wwest of corfu, santorini, cyprus.
  • pippo wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl:

We'll have less of that sort of talk if you don't mind.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    A fridge especially for Mullers ;)

That would ensure that they would never glitch again:o

:p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    michaels wrote: »
    I'm in the same position except I do have something in mind costing 25 odd so just need another 25.

Perhaps you are our nominated prize winner?

Talking of droid I got a sumup reader, arrived today but my account has been blocked by security until I explain how my business will be using it. Sadly this means that if I do try a transaction it beeps on the phone but then gets transaction declined :cool:

Oh what a shame lol
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »

I thought I would just carry on the theme :rotfl:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What a b'gger I must have bought a couple of dozen of them a couple of years ago, thanks to you!
    The following Christmas everyone got their present in a 'Shaw's bag'
    I still use them and have at least 6 unused in the cupboard from hell!

I don't think I brought them over, I seem to remember it differently :o but I do have rather a stash of them at the mo :D every time I go past a Shaws, which to be fair isn't that often, o pop in and buy 10 more :rotfl:
    I love the Greek Islands, but would never do them AI, You meet peeps and get more for your spend when you stay Sc or b&b

I would never do AI in Greece either, though lots of Germans and Russians do when I've been. I like to get out and go where the locals go :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport