Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Comments

• vigman
    vigman Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just got this on my OVO account:

Your supplier has blocked you switching to us
    There's a problem with your switch. We've sent you an email about it, so please check it to see if there's anything you need to do to sort it out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only have an email from OVO saying the DD is set up.

Anyone else got this? I was on the BG collective dual fuel.

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    vigman wrote: »
    Just got this on my OVO account:

Your supplier has blocked you switching to us
    There's a problem with your switch. We've sent you an email about it, so please check it to see if there's anything you need to do to sort it out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only have an email from OVO saying the DD is set up.

Anyone else got this? I was on the BG collective dual fuel.

Vigman

Speak to your present supplier; they have clearly raised an objection.
  • vigman
    Hengus wrote: »
    Speak to your present supplier; they have clearly raised an objection.

OVO say the objection is probably because the postcode on the national database for the gas meter is one that changed for the same address 20 years ago

BG say they have not raised an objection as there is no request to switch gas supply!!

Great....just what I didn't want. Did the transfer through Cheap Energy Club? How to proceed when they both blame each other?

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
  • System
    vigman wrote: »
    OVO say the objection is probably because the postcode on the national database for the gas meter is one that changed for the same address 20 years ago

BG say they have not raised an objection as there is no request to switch gas supply!!

Great....just what I didn't want. Did the transfer through Cheap Energy Club? How to proceed when they both blame each other?

Vigman

Forget about the MSE Cheap Energy Club: they have no role in the switching process. Speak to Ovo and tell them them BG is saying that it hasn't received a transfer request. Ask Ovo to re-start the transfer process. Before you do so, just check that the address and meter details on Ovo's Welcome letter are correct.
  • vigman
    edited 19 September 2017 at 1:01PM
    oooookay....

OVO says it was an industry rejection because the postcode for the meter (changed 20 years ago in our county!) had not been updated.

The first BG rep said it would take weeks to change.

The second rep was great and made the change onscreen and will ring me back on Friday to confirm the change.

After that I will have to let OVO know the request will go through!!!

Now I remember why many of us don't switch...my gas and electricity switch will now be out of sync and I'll have to keep an eye on payments and DDs for a while.

Vigman
  • stluke023
    stluke023 Posts: 322 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2017 at 4:18PM
    On my usage living in South West came out cheapest with the exception of TOTO AND BREEZE but £10 and £25 quid in it.
    Total cost AVRO quoting £1475 for me for year which is £200 more than BG Collectivefix ending shortly MSE CEC states a top pick.

There we have it....my move

Move confirmed from AVRO Energy going to change to on 18th October, so hopefully get the 18days at old rate
  • vigman
    Hengus wrote: »
    Forget about the MSE Cheap Energy Club: they have no role in the switching process. Speak to Ovo and tell them them BG is saying that it hasn't received a transfer request. Ask Ovo to re-start the transfer process. Before you do so, just check that the address and meter details on Ovo's Welcome letter are correct.

Thanks. You'll see from another mail that the postode error is being changed by BG.

20 years ago our county went from AA1 1XX to AA20 4XX for the same address and although my bill was the new postcode the national database had the old one against the gas meter number.

However I mentioned going through CEC to restart the gas switch to OVO as I thought this ensured the cashback deal?

Vigman
  • I'm considering switching to Bulb. Whilst it isn't the cheapest it does come up in the top half dozen or so cheapest depending on which search engine I used, and the reviews and ethos seem very refreshing and reassuring. I'm thinking of waiting until 3rd October when the collective fix ends before signing up.

For those of you who have already switched did you do it via MSE Cheap Energy Club results or directly on Bulb website so that you could take advantage of the referral code saving? I think it's cheaper to do the latter?
  • Well, my switch from BG has gone through. They managed to squeeze in a final DD 3 days before the switch happened, even though I was in credit! How long should the refund process take?
  • System
    Well, my switch from BG has gone through. They managed to squeeze in a final DD 3 days before the switch happened, even though I was in credit! How long should the refund process take?

The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer to raise a Final Bill. Repayment of any credit will then follow. In most cases, the process is a lot quicker; however, they have to wait until your meter readings are validated which can take 5 to 10 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure