Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Abbafan the programme was called Save Money - Lose Weight. It was on ITV and is available on the ITV Hub for a few more days. It's also On Demand if you have that on your TV. Although SW didn't head the list £ for lb it was the top one for a sustainable diet.

Today's plan:

B - boiled egg; 1 slice of bread & spread -0.5 HEB + 0.5
    L - carrot & lentil soup; 1 slice of bread & spread - 0.5 HEB + 0.5
    D - Hairy Bikers braised steak & onions (with extra veg); mash; may also have another veg on the side depending on how much I put in the casserole in the first place!

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - VLF spread 1; not sure what else but maybe crumpet & butter -5.5

Denise
  • Thank you Joedenise - I will get the show on catch up.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all.

Welcome newbies, well done all losers and commiserations to the gainers. Merlin go for becoming a consultant! I'm sure as a man you'd be welcomed with open arms. We had a number of men when I went to group, all of whom did very well as I recall but I'm sure a male consultant would encourage more.

1lb off for me this week - slowly creeping towards target! I always seem to slow down when I'm approaching a stone barrier even when I don't do anything different - anyone else find this?
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. 100% on plan but just not in a very good place at the moment.
    Merlin- she didn't say it directly at me just in a conversation in group. I did post on the Facebook page for my group that I do very little exercise and I've had my best losses yet- she liked it on Facebook so I think she got the message!
    Yesterday's food:
    B- Overnight Oats (HEXB) decaf coffee with HEXA S/S
    L: McDonalds grilled chicken and bacon salad (1.5) water, a few chunks of melon
    T: SW sausage roll with WW wrap (5.5 syns) carrot and swede, water. Fab lolly (4 syns) water
    S: 3 Broghies (3 syns) with SW potato salad, ham and smoked salmon. Decaf tea with HEXA s/s
    Syns: 14

Today's food:
    B: HEXB 2 x HiFi bars, Apple, peach, Light and free yoghurt, decaf coffee with HEXA s/S
    L: Nando's butterfly chicken, medium spicy rice (5 syns) large salad, water, melon
    T: Subway salad (1.5 syns for dressing)
    Snack at rugby: popcorn (4 syns) drink of some description
    Supper: John West tuna light lunch (1 syn)
    Syns: 11.5

Sorry everyone- normal service will be resumed soon I promise. Love to you all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Evening all
    Had a busy day today. I know things are getting bad when I burst into tears in Asda when I got there just too late for the last packet of WW wraps :( Stress and exhaustion getting to me. Good news though is that yesterday's SP day has cured the bloating and took 3.5lbs with it- grrrr :D if I had weighed on my normal WI day that would have been a mega loss :D however I need the lie in more :rotfl:
    Today's food:
    B: Boiled eggs and asparagus. Peppermint tea
    L: Tuna pasta salad with 2 x tbsps LTL mayo (1 syn) HEXB 2 x HiFi bars, decaf coffee with HEXA S/S
    T: 4 sausages (4 syns) wedges, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower (1 syn for the oil I used on the wedges) Fab lolly (4 syns) water
    S: 3 Broghies (3 syns) with smoked salmon, ham and gherkins, decaf tea with HEXA
    Syns: 13
    Steps: 11265
    Thanks for everyone's opinions on the exercise question. Nice to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts about exercise!
    Night all xx

I can't remember if it was you or someone else but in Sutton in Ashfield Asda they had loads on bulk isle at the end but not in the middle at all
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Well done Tete and Esmy on your losses.

Not been a bad day for me today. Managed to resist the biscuits at the hospital, and feeling better now I have some iron in my blood again. Just a rather bruised arm, but at least I have some energy now
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Back from my mini break in Stratford upon Avon. :) We had a great time and I did make some good SW choices. Also when I did choose syns I enjoyed them so win/win.

I can thoroughly recommend the Premier Inn Waterways. Aside from being clean and comfortable with very cheap parking, breakfast was a SW dream! They had Weetabix, FF yogurt, loads of fresh fruit and then the buffet of hot food. I skipped bread to keep my HEB for sandwiches at lunchtime and had a single hash brown with bacon, beans, mushrooms and fried eggs after a big bowl of fruit. So other than the hash brown and any oil it was all free. Alcohol consumption was minimal too as my friends aren't big drinkers.

I have only skimmed through this week's posts so forgive me if I've missed important news. :)

I did read the bit about the weightloss TV programme. As far as I'm concerned, people can spend what they like on food as long as they can afford it. That's personal choice. What I would say though is that unless someone is very poor indeed (like food banks or the cheapest of ready meals and few cooking facilities) then rejecting SW as expensive is nonsense and just an excuse IMO. I'm in the fortunate position that I am mse because I choose to be and hate being ripped off but I can feed us both well on about £50 a week with us both eating SW and DH having treats on top. The fact that I choose to eat out a lot and spend additional money on booze is up to me but that's my personal choice. It's not essential for SW.

Back on plan today. I've done my meal plan and shop for the week. Most of the time will be OK although it's DH's birthday on Wednesday so will probably eat out then (night before WI:(). Today's meals are a bit chilli heavy but was the quickest way to get some Speed in at lunchtime and I like it anyway.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli and cottage cheese
    D: marrow, chunky chilli, extra Speed (mushrooms etc.), SW chips
    Syns: gin:D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Glad you had a good few days away Maman, and well done on making good SW friendly choices when you could, and enjoying your syns
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Merlin~~ I think it is quite expensive to become a SW consultant.
    Did you get that impression?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all, cant find the syns for this and someone would like to know on elite thread, can anyone help please?

Princes Beef Stew(in a can)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure